Changing Speakers in AC30 Heritage

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by neu18, Dec 18, 2009.

1. neu18

neu18 Member

Hello, I am hopefully changing the speakers in my AC30 Heritage and was wondering if anyone else has done this. I have never changed a speaker in my life.

Are the speakers soldered on? Is this difficult to change? This is my main concern. Thanks!

2. grateful.ed

grateful.ed Member

I'd get a lot of detailed instruction.

A friend did a speaker swap himself and it sounded like my old '78 Chevette.

3. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Silver Supporting Member

Speaker swaps are the easiest thing to do. Simply solder the new speakers in exactly as the old ones where installed. Make sure the replacement speakers are the same ohm rating as the old ones. I think the AC30 speakers are wired in series IIRC.

Doesn't your ac30 Heritage have Celestion Blues? You should leave those in...

4. utterhack

utterhack Member

This. The swap is easy but I'm really curious what you're thinking would pair better with an AC30 - unless you've got a very specific sound in mind?

5. neu18

neu18 Member

I heard some dude with the AC15 Heritage had clips for his. I heard there's different kind of solders, like lead or iron...

BTW, I'm swapping for UK Blues.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  6. neu18

neu18 Member

So the wire was soldered to the speaker, so I clipped the cable right beside the solder. Who knows anything about soldering?

7. 908SSP

908SSP Supporting Member

Maybe you should get some help. Why don't you say where you're located maybe you can get a hand. It isn't difficult but I am not going to try and tell you over the internet and have you come can with sob story about how the hot solder blub burned through your brand new Blue.

8. neu18

neu18 Member

Had them put in today! I must say in my AC30H2L the new UK blues sound better than the Vox Blues did. Less fizzy and more clear.

Woohoo!