"Charlie Bar" pup - half Hershey - Half Charlie Christian

DonM

"Rough" Prototype done today - sounds like a 1954 Harmony H-44 Stratotone but with the cool Jazzy clearness of the Charlie Christian pickup ...

Going To Have Rick or Junior Test run them and it may become a product here From what I heard - its a go already - :dude
1234abczztop070.jpg

DonM

1234abczztop071.jpg

its a neck, i need to reduce it to the area of a p-90 & mini Humbucker -so its the same route -- also I have plans for Bridges and middles and I'm going to try to slip this design into Strat and Tele covers -- its a fuller sound then the rod magnets -- it makes Rod magnet designs pale in A&B sonic test -

mikef1331

its a neck, i need to reduce it to the area of a p-90 & mini Humbucker -so its the same route -- also I have plans for Bridges and middles and I'm going to try to slip this design into Strat and Tele covers -- its a fuller sound then the rod magnets -- it makes Rod magnet designs pale in A&B sonic test -

Sweet! Can't wait to see the other models when they're ready. I think I'll have to pick up a set. :)

DonM

Very nice! Any clips?

just put it in a midnight tue. - been too buzy for clips today - maybe 2 days?

I'll do a A&B where I play a Tele neck pup - switch guitars and play this one - it's awake up call - seems lots of pickups were designed for economy or to compete with other brands from the 50's - today we can cut magnets easier
and cheaper - so my theory is to start with tone in mind and spare no cost re-evaluate all the killer designs and see whats been left out or overlooked and fill in the blanks.. :munch

Dave Orban

Platinum Supporting Member
1234abczztop071.jpg

Don...

If there's a way that this could be made to fit into a standard Humbucker route (width-wise, most importantly), that would be awesome!

"Rough" Prototype done today - sounds like a 1954 Harmony H-44 Stratotone but with the cool Jazzy clearness of the Charlie Christian pickup ...

Going To Have Rick or Junior Test run them and it may become a product here From what I heard - its a go already - :dude
1234abczztop070.jpg
I LOVE CC pickups... can't wait to hear it!

DonM

If there's a way that this could be made to fit into a standard Humbucker route (width-wise, most importantly), that would be awesome!

yes this Charlie bar - and the Strat0tone too - I hope

DM

Big Tim

Don if this could fit into a standard tele neck without any routing needed at all you'd really have it! (at least for me :)

clemduolian

Gold Supporting Member
Hey Don:

Recreating one of my all time favorites!! What a great "encore" to the Clem-caster set. Kudos my man. Can wait to hear it/them!!

Clem

Trending Topics

Top Bottom