Charvel Satchel DInky Pro Mod...Opinions?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by 80smetalhead, Sep 11, 2019.

1. 80smetalhead

80smetalhead Silver Supporting Member

I picked up both the Bengal Yellow and the Slime Green Satchel’s from a guy who didn’t like the way they played and seemed to regret the way they looked lol.

They both needed a set-up and a fret level and dress. Both guitars play great now...total shredders. Never tried the Fishman Fluence pickups before but I really like them...very crunchy and open sounding.

I’d post pictures of them but I have no idea how to lol

Haven’t run into many people that have one of these much less two of them...anyone want to share their opinion before I decide what I’m going to do with them?

2. milli vanilli

milli vanilli Member

I think those are awesome but they are kinda polarizing so if you are looking for a quick flip it might be a small market

80smetalhead likes this.
  3. uab9253

uab9253 Member

I've been watching them on Reverb. I wish they'd zebra the Fluences on the yellow model like on the green

Rocco Crocco, 80smetalhead and monty like this.
  4. PatriotBadger

PatriotBadger Member

My thoughts are that while your cool factor will increase by 10-15% every time you play it, none of us will ever be as cool as Satchel.

Gevalt, Jim S, shane8 and 5 others like this.
  5. CanuckChris

CanuckChris Supporting Member

There's one superfan on Facebook that owns not only both Charvel Satchel models, but all the Kramer Satchel models plus the Satchel effects pedals. Not common, but kudos to him for sticking with the theme!

I really do like these guitars and Charvel doesn't have any other offerings that are the same. Great value for the money, especially with the Fishman's. I do believe they're both identical though aside from colour. Personally, I'd keep whichever one is the best playing and sounding, and sell off the other. Hopefully that means keeping the green one ;)

6. 80smetalhead

I have both the ***** Melter and the Poontang Boomerang too (gotta love the names lol). I bought them as collector items but surprisingly I think they sound really good. The green Satchel looks great with the open pickups and seems to be better constructed...tight neck pocket, better fret finishing and the Floyd seems smoother so I’m leaning that way. Either way they will be perfect for the hair metal band I’m in.

CanuckChris likes this.
  7. 80smetalhead

No doubt...kinda knew that I would end up sitting on whichever one I flip ;-)

milli vanilli likes this.
  8. 80smetalhead

You read my mind.

9. uab9253

uab9253 Member

I do have to say though, that I had the Kramer tiger striped orange one and I don't know if I ever hated a guitar so much. Heavy, no sustain, terrible fat neck profile. It was awful. I moved it on. But I love my San Dimas so I was super stoked that he switched.

10. freedom's door

freedom's door Member

If you're in a hair metal band, why not keep both, and tune one down to drop D for playing Lay It Down, You're In Love, Unchained, etc

11. 80smetalhead

I know what you mean. I believe his Kramer Sig guitar is built to roughly the same spec as my Kramer ‘84 Bullseye which has a heavy maple body with a thicker maple neck. It’s a cool looking guitar but definitely not my favorite to play.

I have one Charvel USA made San Dimas, a Japanese made SoCal and both of the Mexican made Satchel Dinkys. Definitely prefer them to the Kramer’s.

12. 80smetalhead

That’s a good idea. But I typically bring two guitars in standard tuning to a gig and use a drop tune pedal to drop a half step for some songs and a full step for Crue songs. It tracks fine as long as you don’t drop more than a full step. It’s worked for me so far :)

freedom's door likes this.
  13. 80smetalhead

BTW...does anyone know how I can post a picture of my guitars? I thought being a supporting member would make it easier but it seems to be the same method.

I would appreciate any help...thanks in advance!

14. freedom's door

freedom's door Member

If you look at the top of the page, there's a "media" tab. Hover over the arrow with your mouse and you'll see "your media" and "upload media". Click on upload, add the pics from your computer (or phone), then just copy and paste the links to the pics.

80smetalhead likes this.
  15. 80smetalhead

Is this different for phones? Because I’m not seeing the “Media” tab.

16. uab9253

uab9253 Member

I just upload to Imgur and then use that link for pics-like so[​IMG]

80smetalhead and monty like this.
  17. 80smetalhead

I downloaded the Imgur app on my iPhone but I only see a meme maker and a way to follow people...sorry to be a pain...do you know where I should be looking?

18. uab9253

uab9253 Member

Yikes - I do all my Imgur on a pc. Not sure how it works on a phone. Sorry

19. gunslinger

gunslinger Member

I wish it was orange instead of green.

[​IMG]

freedom's door and 80smetalhead like this.
  20. freedom's door

freedom's door Member

I wish there was a blue version.
    I used to own a Jackson DK2M with a blue bengal finish that I wish I still had.

[​IMG]

80smetalhead likes this.