Chase Bliss Blooper

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by corbetta, Jan 23, 2019.

1. corbetta

corbetta Member

not a lot of details yet, but apparently CBA and Knobs are developing a looper together. My NAMM just got a whole lot more interesting

2. corbetta

corbetta Member

3. Will Little

Will Little Supporting Member

Knobs that I can make out are volume /ramp, cross, drift, stability, mod a, mod b

Flouncingfleasbag and sahhas like this.
  4. xcc

xcc Member

5. magnus02

magnus02 Member

Stiff competition from CT5, Hexe and many others in this arena. Should be fun to see what they add to the mix.

6. Rob Evans

Rob Evans Member

7. corbetta

corbetta Member

True. But CBA’s dip switches/ramping/presets architecture is not available in other small form factor loopers. I’m intrigued!

8. hippieboy

hippieboy Member

9. Tabor

Tabor Supporting Member

I hope there's a knob to control the decay time of the loops so you can choose how quickly past loops fade away as new ones get layered on top.

Also easy footswitch control over reverse, 1/2 and 2x speed and a "one-shot" option (like the DL4) would be cool, and a footswitch option to bring the most recently recorded loop in or out of the mix like on the Dittos... almost needs a multi-button companion controller to make all of this easier (?)

Dual loops could be nice (synched or not), especially if the FX portion of the looper can apply to only one or the other and doesn't have to be global.

...lots of options out there and a whole monster thread on this forum that's an "open letter to FX manufacturers" all about looping possibilities so if @chaseblissaudio and knobs are ever looking for a few new ideas while this pedal is still in development then that could be a resource).

I'm excited to see where this project winds up...

10. jquanmusic

jquanmusic Member

I am so damn excited for this. I'm just going to assume that a CBA Knobs callabo looper will be anything but ordinary.

Lots of collaborations lately over at CBA. Good stuff.

11. Snail

Snail Member

Very cool.

Chase Bliss strikes again!

12. gavinashun

gavinashun Member

Really hope they change the enclosure to have more than 2 switches.

13. MoarGear

MoarGear Member

Great name, blooper.

TelePrankster and johnetone like this.
  14. weyllandin

weyllandin Member

CBA can be midi controlled, so they'll probably stick with the enclosure I would guess.

MoarGear likes this.
  15. adolan

adolan Member

Very cool. This is something that I can see being totally awesome and totally out there! cant wait to see this happen.

16. pup tentacle

pup tentacle Silver Supporting Member

A looper with anything beyond basic functionality needs to be bigger and have more foot switches, imo. I don't want to have to use midi to make up for the form factor.

17. MoarGear

MoarGear Member

Tensor is awesome, and even though its wider than the standard Chase Bliss box it doesn't have any more switches.

I think it's safe to say there's more than one kind of looper, from tiny Dittos to giant EHX 95000s and more in between.

hippieboy, celticelk and weyllandin like this.
  18. sixesandsevens

sixesandsevens Member

The only guarantee with a looper is that some people will think you're stupid for the design compromises you chose.

The good news is that gives you the freedom to do something different. I hope they find something interesting.

19. pup tentacle

pup tentacle Silver Supporting Member

That's why I specified, "beyond basic functionality". Something like the Ditto is basic, so it can be tiny with one switch. Something like a Boomerang III wouldn't work with 2 switches on a tiny enclosure. Like most everything CBA makes, I figured this looper would have more functions than most of the competition, but it wouldn't make sense to stick with an tiny enclosure and 2 switches if that were the case. If it is the case, we're back to using midi to take advantage of the functionality, and I'm not interested.

Tabor and johnetone like this.
  20. MoarGear

MoarGear Member

Which is why I specified "more than one kind of looper" in addition to talking about case size and why I specifically mentioned the Tensor as an example of a non-standard yet full featured and far from basic looper... and we don't know what kind of looper they intend the Blooper to be, and it isn't even done yet, so there's no way to know what switches it needs or not.

But buy whatever you want, obviously.