• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Chase Bliss Blooper

your name here

Silver Supporting Member
Did they say why they are doing a kickstarter for this rather than just the usual release? They don't seem like they would need a kickstarter to truly finish the pedal.
I figure it’s so they are able to devote the necessary and likely additional resources to Blooper - like hiring consultants, additional final development, assembly etc. - in order to release it by December. I feel like if MOOD was their biggest release, this could be as big or bigger and they have to deal with all that demand being a very small shop and maintaining the current lineup. That takes money. I guess they felt this was the best way to accurately gauge demand and release within the expected window.

But I might be wrong. :)

I figure it’s so they are able to devote the necessary and likely additional resources to Blooper - like hiring consultants, additional final development, assembly etc. - in order to release it by December. I feel like if MOOD was their biggest release, this could be as big or bigger and they have to deal with all that demand being a very small shop and maintaining the current lineup. That takes money. I guess they felt this was the best way to accurately gauge demand and release within the expected window.

But I might be wrong. :)
Basically this. We need some extra cash to finish this and stay on track with Automatone development / part sourcing / happenings. I was thinking about taking out a loan but that just seemed terrible. And you are totally right about the demand thing. It’s so hard to predict sometimes. We made a lot of MOOD (for example) out of the gates and luckily most people are as fond of it as we are but if you swing and miss on something it can really tie up a lot of cash and resources.

lxm

@lxm: High end loopers with similar functions have been in the $700-$1500 zone for 2 decades, EDP and Looperlative to name two that are still loved and in use by many veteran loopers. $500 is totally nailing it and as you can see Joel hit 100k the first day, so there's your answer. You can go cry in you beer now.

Dang, I want that wood box and tee!
I only drink milk. You fanboys don’t like when anyone has an opinion other than yours. Cracks me up! Carry on

biffoz

I only drink milk. You fanboys don’t like when anyone has an opinion other than yours. Cracks me up! Carry on
Har har. I just happen to know what's up in the looping, mfg. and small builder world. Cluelessness won't serve you well in this bunch. I couldn't be more stoked to finally have a pedalboard friendly looper, with the power of the porky rack units.

Last edited:

whuppo

I would jump on it right now but recently discovered that my info was hacked from Kickstarter last time I pledged. Any way to buy in w/o Kickstarter?

Raymond Lin

I would jump on it right now but recently discovered that my info was hacked from Kickstarter last time I pledged. Any way to buy in w/o Kickstarter?
You can get it later one through dealers but they will be the new box, not wooden boxes. It depends which one you want.

I would say that if you can't recovery your kickstarter ID then start a new one? But at the moment the only way to pre-order with a wooden box is via kickstarter.

raj007

Silver Supporting Member
$499 is what I expected and think it's fair. As mentioned previously, the amount of collaboration and resources being put into this pedal is pretty mind blowing.

And, as shown by the Kickstarter thus far, folks are willing to pay.

I do worry about the Automatone though...I think I recall Joel saying it'll be their most expensive release...so maybe $600-700...and for a dirt pedal...not sure how many folks will want to pay that much, no matter how cool the functionality. Who knows...I'll likely be wrong haha.

Either way...I think we're lucky to have companies like Chase Bliss around to push effects forward and I love that they're collaborating with other builders/companies.

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
Anyone else bummed/suprised it’s not $350?
No. It's just you.

Well now, that was well argued, in a vaguely ad hominem style.

So what are you doing here?
A succinctly put "I know you are, but what am I?" argument.

Trending Topics