Chase Bliss Blooper

See3po

Did they end up doing away with the USB port to add other modifiers? I thought I remembered that from one of the early videos.

p.j.

Can someone tell me how well the MOOD works with fuzz? Thanks!
I have used my MOOD with my Shoe Pixel and Catalinbread Katzenkonig and it works fine. That said, I tend to use it more clean so I can get tinkly weird bell things going. I definitely prefer the Mood with cleaner sounds and single coils. YMMV, of course.

CoastalRyan

I’ve watched some of the videos and I feel like I don’t get the workflow. It seems like a very hand-on pedal.
My perception of this pedal is that it’s more of a loop manipulator that lends itself to experimentation vs. traditional loop building. Not to take anything away from others perception.

So my plan with this is to capture short loops early in my chain ahead of reverbs and delays, similar to Mood. Then manipulate my loops using pedals placed after the blooper until I find some sound scapes that I like and then record them into Ableton as master loops to build around.

Sounds cumbersome but I think it’ll make for fun work flow in a non traditional way.

songtalk

My perception of this pedal is that it’s more of a loop manipulator that lends itself to experimentation vs. traditional loop building. Not to take anything away from others perception.

So my plan with this is to capture short loops early in my chain ahead of reverbs and delays, similar to Mood. Then manipulate my loops using pedals placed after the blooper until I find some sound scapes that I like and then record them into Ableton as master loops to build around.

Sounds cumbersome but I think it’ll make for fun work flow in a non traditional way.

That's actually kinda cool! I have friends that build whole songs in reason/Ableton and just load them straight into a looper pedal. Kinda nifty trick if you ask me....

I totally agree that Mood is very much a real time messer upper of things and less of a looper in the traditional sense. Blooper seems way more looper in the traditional sense.

carrier street

Supporting Member
It seems like overkill for my needs, but so did the Condor. Whenever I actually spend time with it, I find a new setting that I love. I’m having a hard time talking myself out of something so shined and pretty and I really want a pedal with buttons on the front...

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Gold Supporting Member
Awesome brah, thank you! You convinced me, I got one :cool:

I bet it will be wicked with oscillating fuzz too.
every fuzz, of course!
just like a reVolver or any other wacky, looping devices.
killing.

just did another mood-loop w/my BA Pirk oscillating away, and me using the gtr’s volume ctrl to play a melody w/ the oscillation.
yup!

splatt

Gold Supporting Member
Blooper seems way more looper in the traditional sense.
maybe just enough "traditional" in there to allow for it to help kick a new loopist forward by simply including (at the base) some depth, beauty, visceral power & musical possibility already presented in looping's long march forward?

extruding-from & paraphrasing Santayana, "Those who can remember the past are not condemned to repeat it."

i lol at me, but.....

splatt

Gold Supporting Member

sounds pretty traditional to me!, and that's def not an insult.

See3po

How do the USB functions work? Do you import your own modifiers or loops? Or will they be releasing more modifiers in the future?

splatt

Gold Supporting Member
So what are the MIDI capabilities of blooper? Will it sync to clock?
there should be much midi functionality.
i think that the midi implementation will be quite good, and there’s even a possibility that it might open some creative doors not otherwise accessible. fingers crossed, here!

Last edited:

xcc

there should be much midi functionality.
i think that the midi implementation will be quite good, and there’s even a possibility that its midi-implementation might open some creative doors not otherwise accessible. fingers crossed, here!
Very cool! Really looking forward to this.

I'm a little upset it wasn't like $20.
Yea me too....

But in all honesty I’d rather have a Mood than a Blooper .... I cannot afford either but the Mood strikes me as more of a players pedal... that can do more with your real time playing and this seems like more of a creative tool for the hardcore looping fan. If I was into that more I’d probably be GASing for this, so I get it I totally do but it’s not for me.

The Mood however I’d love to pick up someday when I can afford it as it seems like a totally unique ultra Delay/sampler that can undoubtedly do some never before heard type of sounds. Granted they both can but the Mood seems much more applicable to real time playing, which is actually much more appealing to me and I’m happy that between the two that the Mood is the much more affordable one. Which will help me acquire one much sooner.

Last edited: