Chase Bliss Blooper

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by corbetta, Jan 23, 2019.

1. splatt

splatt david torn / splattercell Gold Supporting Member

morningstar mc6 or mc8
    disaster area makes a bunch
    i'm sure there are more that i should remember, but my 3-weeks of psycho-isolation aren't helping them cut through my cognitive fog, atm..... sad lol.

2. Tabor

Tabor Supporting Member

You were experimenting with one MIDI footswitch option for modifiers weren't you? One of the morningstar ones? How has it been working out for you?

Pellecaster likes this.
  3. chaseblissaudio

chaseblissaudio Vendor

we've also had folks put rubber bump-ons (the 4 packs that typically come with boutique pedals) and just putting them on the modifier buttons and giving them a little kick with your foot.

4. HOSAT

HOSAT Member

Morningstar MC6 needs a MIDI interface like the CBA Midibox which is what I use. MC8 can be controlled via TRS.
    Disaster Area stuff rocks. Hard. Love 'em.

Pellecaster, splatt and Jerrod like this.
  5. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

And they're super responsive. I asked a question yesterday and had a response pretty early this morning. Send them an email and convey specifically what you want, and they should be able to help.

vlammie, Pellecaster and HOSAT like this.
  6. splatt

splatt david torn / splattercell Gold Supporting Member

yes! right now, i admit to a completely distracted sense-of-everything, ie:
    between contending with the amount of studio-work i now have to do owing to the amount of traveling-work cancelled thus far due to Covid19 (& every other of its massive effects here in NY), i simply haven't programmed the MC8, yet.

i'm knocking on wood so the leprechauns won't hear me, but i don't expect difficulties w/that programming..... other than i don't see (in the MIDI spec) a CC to listed for me to hold-down Switch A, which function allows for "rendering" any active modifiers in one pass of the current loop-length.
    i can work around that, though!

Pellecaster and Tabor like this.
  7. marcoluz

marcoluz Member

I am considering to send them a video about it, so...

Answering your questions:

1) I am using an ispot 2000mah and I have a poliutune, a jan ray, ibanez analog delay, a hotone compressor and a boss rc1 and the blooper.
    2) firmware is up to date.
    3) All the dipswitches ar off and i dont have anyhting into the Exp. and External Switch/midi inputs.
    4)Not yet, actually... still need to do it :) It is going to be my next move.

8. Pellecaster

Pellecaster Member

If you are just using a 1 spot daisy chain power supply I would guess that is the issue unless it’s the cs7 or cs9....

splatt, Buddy67 and Chandyland like this.
  9. High Pedality

High Pedality Member

Nothing flashy. Just a loop falling apart via Stability and Dropper over the course of 7 minutes.

10. chaseblissaudio

chaseblissaudio Vendor

Yes I would agree with the other poster that if all those pedals are daisy chained from a single one-spot, it could be very noisy. I'd highly suggest a fully isolated supply like the Strymon Zuma.

mgscheue, vlammie, Jerrod and 3 others like this.
  11. Quasi

Quasi Member

Hello everyone

Is it possible to save presets in the blooper without a midi pedal and is it
    possible to call the presets saved without using hands but only the feet.

12. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

13. Quasi

Quasi Member

14. Furilla

Furilla Odd Bird

Here's a lengthy maiden voyage improv with a new setup based around the Blooper and an Old Blood Noise Signal Blender... I'm bringing some of my laptop-based looping techniques into the physical realm, using the Signal Blender to apply different FX chains post-Blooper.

@RoninGuitars Mirari and @chasbenson Benson Amp holding it down.

chopsley, Dandolin, vlammie and 3 others like this.
  15. chaseblissaudio

chaseblissaudio Vendor

Ok got an update on this with not so good news. It turns out the midi controllers and bloopers in USB terms are both "devices." You need a "host" (i.e. computer, tablet, smartphone) in order to facilitate information transfer between a USB "host" and "device." So since midi controllers and blooper are both "devices" they can't talk directly to each other. We'd need to connect them both to a host. Or perhaps there is a fancy midi controller out there somewhere that can act like a USB 'host.' So @splatt my question to you is... if you had to connect these both up to a computer or table or smartphone is this functionality still worth it? or too onerous?

Tabor likes this.
  16. chaseblissaudio

chaseblissaudio Vendor

17. chaseblissaudio

chaseblissaudio Vendor

fun demo from Mike Hermans here:

18. Tabor

Tabor Supporting Member

Hmm... so Morningstar or Disaster Area Midi controllers can’t control Blooper without a “host” device like a cpu, tablet or smartphone?

I’d like to find a controller that could plug into Blooper without the need for another intermediary.

Mostly I’d like to be able to turn the modifiers on and off remotely. Bumper buttons are helpful in the meantime.

I’m sure one of these devices could make more things possible...

19. cbm

cbm Silver Supporting Member

The Morningstar MC-8 controls Blooper just fine. I think that the problem regarding a "host" device is just for the USB port, not controlling directly over MIDI.

splatt, chaseblissaudio and Tabor like this.
  20. Tabor

Tabor Supporting Member

ah, ok thanks! I still haven’t bothered to try any MIDI related things. It’s all a foreign language to me but it seems like I’m missing out. If there was ever a pedal to push me into learning MIDI it’d be Blooper.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020