Chase Bliss DELAY dropping at NAMM!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Smashies, Jan 13, 2016.

1. gec78221

gec78221 Member

Before & after...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

cosmic_ape and Gallery like this.
  2. dapeegoo

dapeegoo Supporting Member

Just got mine! Works great with my 100% MIDI board/amp setup!

[​IMG]

Ruiner, tonchy and Agileguy_101 like this.
  3. howthewestwas1

howthewestwas1 Supporting Member

anyone else getting easily distorting repeats? it's not harsh, but the signal quickly degrades and garbles by the 2nd or 3rd repeats. This is even with low output pickups (tele) and correct power supply.

4. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

This thing is AWESOME. Very impressed.

This doesn't give a clear picture of the pedal but this is me messing with the Tonal Recall and Moog Cluster Flux and Flux Liquid Ambience

Blix, Black_Label, hippieboy and 3 others like this.
  5. infiniteposse

infiniteposse Member

My apologies if this has been covered, but are folks finding that the Chase Bliss can nail a proper DMM vibe or the Skreddy echo's vibe? I demo'd one today and really liked it, but I wasn't able to really get my head around how to get "under the hood" so to speak, so I barely scratched the surface. One of the presets it came with sounded a lot like the modulation on my Moog 104M. Pretty extreme mod that was effecting the pitch in a radical way.

I'm interested to hear folks opinions.

6. chaseblissaudio

chaseblissaudio Vendor

shoot me an email when you get a chance yours may need some TLC

howthewestwas1 likes this.
  7. mikoo69

mikoo69 Member

Got mine today! Absolutely no regrets selling my DM-2 and DMMTT1100.

Between this and my MF104M I'm in midi controlled analog delay heaven.

Gallery and jm9239 like this.
  8. teleking36

teleking36 Member

That's the one thing I'm sweating. I don't know if I can let go of my DM-2, but find it silly to keep it around if I get a Tonal Recall.

I really do like the idea of going down the MIDI rabbit hole, something I've never done. being able to recall presets could help me out a lot live.

9. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

Mine is supposed to show up today.

@Ruiner - The modulation on your demo sounds fantastic.

Ruiner likes this.
  10. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Thanks man! It's got a healthy dose of the Tonal Recall modulation going on, the Cluster Flux if providing the square wave chorus filtered effect and the Flux Liquid Ambience as the sub octave reverb thing going on! :D

11. thiscalltoarms

thiscalltoarms more gadgets than Batman. Gold Supporting Member

Need reviews, mine is here but I can't touch it with finals for grad school going down presently...

12. zoooombiex

zoooombiex Member

Re the Skreddy, I posted on that here:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...dy-echo-vs-chase-bliss.1706441/#post-22013121

The short version - they are pretty different.

infiniteposse likes this.
  13. tzamosti

tzamosti Silver Supporting Member

I'm loving the Tonal Recall, but bought it to replace my DMMTT (both being tap analog delays), but now realize it won't. The DMMTT is much brighter, capable of more rhythmic playing and has much more an ethereal modulation to it. The Tonal Recall has much more of a darker/soupier trail off...and it also trails off into darkness much quicker. Really liking it for more dark, brooding ambient stuff because it really lays below the surface amazingly but it doesn't take the place of the DMMTT. Also, because of it's inherent and unique qualities, also not sure it unseats slap back kings like the DM-2. As for the Skreddy Echo, it's been my go-to soloing pedal forever...will have to see if the Tonal Recall can try out for that duty. It might...but typically haven't found an analog delay that sits as well behind the notes as quickly as the Skreddy.

I think Joel has given us a really unique take on a tap analog delay...still need to play it much more!

14. mikoo69

mikoo69 Member

Didn't say it sounds like my DM-2 or DMMTT - just that I have no regrets selling them. Btwn the TR, MF104M and DD-500 I have full midi control of every delay sounds I can imagine.

chaseblissaudio and tzamosti like this.
  15. mrecho

mrecho Member

for the dark repeats maybe with a true bypass blender, the mix at 100% on the tonal recall and a little EQ with more mids or highs you could get the perfect delay for your taste ?

16. RevelBandGuitar

RevelBandGuitar Member

I find that my starting point is with the tone control cranked, and then I can get darker from there if need be. One of my favorite settings is:
    Mix: 12:00
    Repeats: 1:00
    Delay Time: Quarter Notes
    Tone: Max
    Rate: 1:00
    Depth: 11:00

17. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

18. ry-guy

ry-guy Member

This pedal has no drive control or preamp like a DMM correct?

19. Black_Label

Black_Label Member

Just got mine. Gave it 30 mins to figure it out and compare it to the Moog MF-104msd and DMM I have on hand. They're different but really on par with each other. The TR is brighter than the Moog and seems to hit the first few repeats harder but it's not as bright as my big box DMM.

I had pretty high expectations for this pedal going in and my initial impression is that I'm not disappointed at all. It's got its own character for sure but it certainly stands up to the best analog delays I've played.

20. donfrantz

donfrantz Yo! You stealin’ all the cool. Silver Supporting Member

Yeah--I got mine today too. Twisted a few knobs for a minute and got lost for an hour. Beautiful tones right off the bat. The build quality is really amazing--first pedal I've had that makes me want to fondle it. Another reason to be a proud Minnesotan:p.

Gallery likes this.