• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Chase Bliss Fadershield

your name here

Gold Supporting Member
I wanted one for each Automatone I have, but not for $80 ea.. I’m out. Maybe if it was $30-$40 max.

It’d probably be cheaper than $80 to send an Automatone to CBA to fix in the rare eventuality of someone ever spilling a beer on it.

Matt Griffin

Silver Supporting Member
I wanted one for each Automatone I have, but not for $80 ea.. I’m out. Maybe if it was $30-$40 max.

It’d probably be cheaper than $80 to send an Automatone to CBA to fix in the rare eventuality of someone ever spilling a beer on it.
In the event of a beer spill, wouldn’t it go in through the arcade buttons too? And also all my other expensive pedals?

Yeah seeing as I have a padded hard shell case for my board for moving it around, and I like access to the faders when I’m using it, I don’t see the point for me.

your name here

Gold Supporting Member
In the event of a beer spill, wouldn’t it go in through the arcade buttons too? And also all my other expensive pedals?

Yeah seeing as I have a padded hard shell case for my board for moving it around, and I like access to the faders when I’m using it, I don’t see the point for me.
Agreed. If I’m honest, I’ve never been worried about the Automatones and have a lidded board as well. The chance of dumping liquid on them in the situations/venues I play in is near zero.

I really only wanted to buy them to support Chase Bliss and because they look cool. But not for $80 ea. Lol. I’d rather put that $160 I would’ve spent toward cables or another fuzz pedal or something.

pickleweed

i mean, that about sums it up, right? im a chase bliss fan. i have several of their pedals, including the cxm. but i mean, cmon. 80 bucks for a piece of plastic to protect a 900 dollar pedal feels a little insulting if you ask me. it should be included, given the cost of the pedals. not an 80 dollar solution to a possible oversight of an already egregiously priced pedal.

pup tentacle

Gold Supporting Member
Like has been said, it should've been included to begin with. At the very least, it should be available for cost. It seems like it would be useful for keeping out dust.

Matt Griffin

Silver Supporting Member
It’s a bit weird, right? Huge CBA fan here. Most of my board is CBA. I have a CXM and love it.

Got the email and was like, “fun, I can send them more money, what is it? It’s ... a thing I ... probably don’t need ... or even want on my pedal? Hmm.”

I wonder what the signals were that they were getting that people needed a flip cover? I’ve never seen complaints on TGP.

stagolee

Gold Supporting Member
If I wanted one of these I would print my own. But I don’t. Some do as the DIY sales on the Facebook group attest.

At this point CBA could sell custom-colored mounting screws. Have to give credit where it is due for successful premium branding. (Edit: and I mean that sincerely)

Last edited:
sheeeeesh. tough crowd. We've seen a lot of comments of "great idea until I spill beer on it" on a lot of platforms, i'd be surprised if there wasn't some on TGP specifically.

The polycarbonate is manufactured by www.decksaver.com in the UK ... an excellent company and $79 is certainly not outrageous when compared to their other offerings.

If you don't think you need it, that's fantastic, I don't think I'll be using one on my personal units but a lot of people have been asking and are stoked on these.

Likely about $5 worth of parts/materials and selling for $79. Seems totally legit and reasonable.
This is nowhere near my cost on this item but let’s say it is. The cool thing about life is that you too can risk everything and start your own company. You can work outrageous hours for years, not get paid a cent, have it almost cost your marriage etc. You can do that if you want. Maybe if you work really hard and get super lucky people will care about your work and start buying it, and somehow & someway a few years later you are lucky enough to employ 13 people at a living wage with benefits (proper healthcare, dental, retirement, vacation, etc). Then, maybe a bunch of people will request an accessory that you don’t really feel like making but you respect your customers enough to design it, manufacture it, store it, and sell it for a price that many people think is a decent enough value to buy that thing… and you can make a little money on top of it to further your business and the people that make it up. Maybe after all that happens you will sell that thing for $5. I really doubt that will happen and you will make that decision, but heck, we don’t know each other so maybe that will happen. Seems totally legit and reasonable.

raj007

Silver Supporting Member
sheeeeesh. tough crowd. We've seen a lot of comments of "great idea until I spill beer on it" on a lot of platforms, i'd be surprised if there wasn't some on TGP specifically.

The polycarbonate is manufactured by www.decksaver.com in the UK ... an excellent company and $79 is certainly not outrageous when compared to their other offerings.

If you don't think you need it, that's fantastic, I don't think I'll be using one on my personal units but a lot of people have been asking and are stoked on these.
I mean, bravo for getting people stoked to spend $80 on a piece of plastic. This shows true marketing and branding genius.

i mean, that about sums it up, right? im a chase bliss fan. i have several of their pedals, including the cxm. but i mean, cmon. 80 bucks for a piece of plastic to protect a 900 dollar pedal feels a little insulting if you ask me. it should be included, given the cost of the pedals. not an 80 dollar solution to a possible oversight of an already egregiously priced pedal.
I'm not trying to turn this into a business thread... and I very sincerely appreciate your interest and support in our work. But despite the high sticker price of CXM 1978, it has our worst margin of any product we make. It's already tricky to make these at all, and have them work in a distribution network. Besides, as most people on this thread could attest to, they don't want nor are interested in the FaderShield. Why in the heck would I add in an accessory that a lot of people don't even find value in... and in turn, need to raise the end price of the pedal for something lots of people won't use?

your name here

Gold Supporting Member
Yep. I feel bad that I commented in this thread. Figured I would, as a normally ardent supporter of all things CBA.

My intent in commenting wasn’t to be hateful. Just saying that I feel the price is double what I’d pay. Thinking that’d be useful for a vendor to know. Guess I shouldn’t have even bothered saying that, since the market will determine whether these cost too much.

For what it’s worth, my frame of reference was coming largely from the fact that the Decksaver for my OP-1 only cost me $40 new. It’s roughly the size of two Fadershields.

Oh well. Sorry, Joel.

Trending Topics