• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Chase Bliss Fadershield

Meriphew

I’m confused, is “chuffed” good or bad? When I first heard a British person use it, I thought that word sounded like something that would be undesirable (I guess it sounds a bit like “chafed” or “chapped” or something...), but in context gathered it meant they were happy. But now you’re saying you were chuffed at the high price of something, and usually that’s not something people feel good about...
You learn something new every day. I thought chuffed meant annoyed. I was not chuffed at the price, I was annoyed by the price. That's the last time I try to toss around British slang like I know what I'm doing.

juri

Thanks for sharing the story @chaseblissaudio, I picked one up yesterday. The Preamp MKII has brought me so much joy.

I’m sure that with the fader shield the preamp will stack better with other pedals, some folks may even be able to sell their Strymon bridge.

Last edited:

stagolee

Gold Supporting Member
You learn something new every day. I thought chuffed meant annoyed. I was not chuffed at the price, I was annoyed by the price. That's the last time I try to toss around British slang like I know what I'm doing.
I’m neither chuffed nor annoyed at the price, but there isn’t a Jack Palance I’m going to buy one at list.

WPmedia

Thanks for sharing the story @chaseblissaudio, I picked one up yesterday. The Preamp MKII has brought me so much joy.

I’m sure that with the fader shield the preamp will stacks better with other pedals, some folks may even be able to sell their Strymon bridge.

Yeah! giving fresh meaning to the concept of OD "stacking"!!
:)

ScubaK

Silver Supporting Member
communicator.jpg

analogic

The price is completely in line with other decksaver products for synths and samplers.

Having said that, chase bliss’s product line is tailor made for Consoomer Wojak so your mileage may vary on whether you find the cost worth it.

jrockbridge

sheeeeesh. tough crowd. We've seen a lot of comments of "great idea until I spill beer on it" on a lot of platforms, i'd be surprised if there wasn't some on TGP specifically.

The polycarbonate is manufactured by www.decksaver.com in the UK ... an excellent company and $79 is certainly not outrageous when compared to their other offerings.

If you don't think you need it, that's fantastic, I don't think I'll be using one on my personal units but a lot of people have been asking and are stoked on these.
This is nowhere near my cost on this item but let’s say it is. The cool thing about life is that you too can risk everything and start your own company. You can work outrageous hours for years, not get paid a cent, have it almost cost your marriage etc. You can do that if you want. Maybe if you work really hard and get super lucky people will care about your work and start buying it, and somehow & someway a few years later you are lucky enough to employ 13 people at a living wage with benefits (proper healthcare, dental, retirement, vacation, etc). Then, maybe a bunch of people will request an accessory that you don’t really feel like making but you respect your customers enough to design it, manufacture it, store it, and sell it for a price that many people think is a decent enough value to buy that thing… and you can make a little money on top of it to further your business and the people that make it up. Maybe after all that happens you will sell that thing for $5. I really doubt that will happen and you will make that decision, but heck, we don’t know each other so maybe that will happen. Seems totally legit and reasonable.
I'm not trying to turn this into a business thread... and I very sincerely appreciate your interest and support in our work. But despite the high sticker price of CXM 1978, it has our worst margin of any product we make. It's already tricky to make these at all, and have them work in a distribution network. Besides, as most people on this thread could attest to, they don't want nor are interested in the FaderShield. Why in the heck would I add in an accessory that a lot of people don't even find value in... and in turn, need to raise the end price of the pedal for something lots of people won't use?

This is a tough crowd, full of people who have barely accomplished anything more than playing guitar at home. Having never run a business of their own, they are somehow experts on how you should be running your business.

How dare you try to make a profit. You should be selling gear at cost or below.

In all seriousness, I admire CBA for producing the future of guitar effects right now. I do not own any of your products, yet, but it’s only a matter of time. The Automatone pedals are on the top of my GAS list. And, I’m glad the plastic shields are optional.

stagolee

Gold Supporting Member
That's being extremely generous. Probably more like $1.50.
No way. There is plenty of profit here but clear plastic isn’t inexpensive, especially in short runs. Maybe $1.50 raw material for the house making the covers, not including tooling and scrap, but not for the firm procuring it to put it another product.

jrockbridge

That's being extremely generous. Probably more like $1.50.

Sounds like you’re a business expert. So, get a group of family, friends, acquaintances together, pool your money and manufacture an alternative. If you are correct, you could corner the market, selling them for half price of the CBA version ($39.50). You’d be making a $38 profit on each unit you sell. What are you waiting for? Go.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom