Chase Bliss Gravitas - Can The Warped Vinyl mk ii Make The Same Sounds ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by warren3333, May 25, 2015.

1. warren3333

warren3333 Gold Supporting Member

I prefer the sound of the Gravitas...

Any ideas good people ?

2. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Do you already have the Gravitas? I preordered mine and he said they hope to ship May 28th.

Anyway, the WV is a chorus/vibrato and the Gravitas is a tremolo, so probably not. I imagine the harmonic tremolo, which varies pitch like a tone knob, would be able to get close to some of the WV's vibrato tones, but probably not the same just based on the way he designed them. It seems like he does a pretty good job of not overlapping, at least not between the WV and Wombtone.

3. warren3333

warren3333 Gold Supporting Member

Purple Jesus,

No, mate - pre order too here in the UK, but available from the 1st June. I love the almost reverse tones that the Gravitas appears to get...

4. PurpleJesus

Agree, that things has some crazy tones in it. Can't wait to get it. Combined with the other two I don't see the need for any other modulation. Especially, if I can get a vibe tone out of the Wombtone. Should get that sometime early this coming week.

5. BallaBalla

BallaBalla Member

On the Chase Bliss Facebook site someone asked "What kind of tremolo sounds does it have and does it do choppy?" Joel answered: "The trem is pretty crude on it, triangle wave and you can't adjust depth. Sounds very pretty though! And it can do tap. Not choppy tho"
    The trem setting is quite good, it will bridge time till i can have a gravitas...

6. OverdriveLover

OverdriveLover Supporting Member

you can totally get a vibe sound from the Wombtone. I have a thread with a sound clip A/Bing it against a Black Cat Vibe.

The trem on the wombtone is ok, but def not choppy. I expect the WV does the same by "bouncing" the rate or trying to square wave the modulation like the Wombtone. I ordered the Gravitas for that and can't wait to compare it to my trem pedal which does a very hard chop trem. if it does that and a whole lot more I will be very happy considering it has tap tempo and MIDI.

on a side note I got a fairly WV type sound from my Wombtone using 2 stage phasing...

7. PurpleJesus

I got such a good price on the original version I couldn't pass it up, but the one thing that I am bummed about is not having 2-stage phasing. How much of a difference do you think that makes?

8. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

I'd say yes and no, you could probably get similar sounds, but the the WV will do what it does best ( chorus/vibrato) and the gravitas the same(tremolos) I'd think the the wombtone would get closer, since harmonic trem is more akin to a phaser tone than a chorus tone in my opinion.

The more I look at chase bliss the more I want a wombtone and to dump my current tap trem for a gravitas once they are available. And I was considering a möbius for all in one modulation/versatility, so for me to want a phaser is putting a lot of faith in this one effect, but for my needs, it should cover a lot of ground.

9. OverdriveLover

it's pretty subtle where the 6 stage is deep and gooey.

This is using 2 phase (getting vibe sounds):

This is 4 and 6 stage (the first 3 min is 6, and from about 3:45 on I think is all 4)

10. PurpleJesus

That's great, thanks for those clips!

Can you still get vibe tones on the 4-stage setting? Obviously that's the least gooey setting I'll have. Still possible?

11. OverdriveLover

Maybe, you probably have to dial back the depth and feedback just right, and use the square wave setting.