Chase Bliss Mood

slide13

Silver Supporting Member
me, too, but i also enjoy using the delay in very un-pristine modes, ie: quite low clock settings, w/some modulation.
you mean modulation from some other pedal, or are you setting the mood up somehow to modulate in a way?

The clock setting is such a cool control to bring in some lo-fi qualities on lower settings, recently been playing a lot with that on the reverb setting. Need to try it in the delay setting now too.

saltbird

Anyone using this as their main delay pedal?
I'm thinking the Tonal Recall or Thermae would work better, but wondered.
At first I didn't use it much except when I was explicitly messing around with the MOOD's micro-looper function, but over time I find myself using it more and more on its own. It does sound good. The El Cap or Volante are my main delays depending on the board, but the Mood is nice for more of a pristine traditional sounding digital delay (higher clock times), or a dreamy LoFi delay (lower clock times), to a nightmarish bitcrush effect (very low clock times). It's a great complement to my tape delays.

I also really like the "delay" function in the MOOD's reverb mode, especially for short delays and slapbacks. Just turn the smear function all the way off or set it low for more of an "organic" sounding delay.

The way each effect in the MOOD drastically varies in tone and overall vibe depending on where the clock knob is set makes it a lot more versatile than one may initially think.

I'm continually wow-ed by this thing every time I mess it. With every other pedal, I'll find all the sounds that appeal to me and then there's not much exploration beyond that, but the MOOD's playful unpredictability consistently makes for a fresh experience every time.

Braunzo

Wow. So uh. I've only played this pedal a couple hours. I've been completely lost in it. I was really worried about it being this novelty noise maker thing. I've found some very musical things in here. Things that make me thing a bit differently. It's achieved what I was hoping it would do.

It does make me want a Stammen, though...

slide13

Silver Supporting Member
Wow. So uh. I've only played this pedal a couple hours. I've been completely lost in it. I was really worried about it being this novelty noise maker thing. I've found some very musical things in here. Things that make me thing a bit differently. It's achieved what I was hoping it would do.

It does make me want a Stammen, though...

Yeah, it’s a pedal that has surprised me. I bought it during the release hype and wondered if I’d actually use it. It was the 6th CBA pedal I purchased and it was probably the one I was least excited about at time of purchase as I just didn’t know what I’d do with it. Now, it’s probably the last CBA pedal I’d give up as it’s totally different than anything else I have and I have found some sounds I really love that are also super useful.

I’ve recently downsized my board and the two CBA pedals I’ve kept on it for now are my Mood and the Brothers.

Cvor

I am strongly considering buying a Mood. I have a WDW rig and my thought was to place the Mood in the effects loop of my guitar amp (already have delay and reverb on the wet side) so it effects my dry signal and since time effects seem to be better in the effects loop. I read a review that the pedal can alter your tone when bypassed - has anyone experienced this? This is my biggest concern... thanks

run23

I am strongly considering buying a Mood. I have a WDW rig and my thought was to place the Mood in the effects loop of my guitar amp (already have delay and reverb on the wet side) so it effects my dry signal and since time effects seem to be better in the effects loop. I read a review that the pedal can alter your tone when bypassed - has anyone experienced this? This is my biggest concern... thanks
Not at all. I'm not sure where you heard this, but it doesn't alter my tone any more than adding another non-buffered pedal in the chain, meaning that I can't hear any difference between plugging straight into my amp, an plugging in with just the Mood.

For what it's worth, I've had this pedal a few months and it's still at the top for being the one pedal I wouldn't swap out for something else if I had to. If you've read this thread and like what you've heard in the samples, you will likely love this pedal.

Cvor

Not at all. I'm not sure where you heard this, but it doesn't alter my tone any more than adding another non-buffered pedal in the chain, meaning that I can't hear any difference between plugging straight into my amp, an plugging in with just the Mood.

For what it's worth, I've had this pedal a few months and it's still at the top for being the one pedal I wouldn't swap out for something else if I had to. If you've read this thread and like what you've heard in the samples, you will likely love this pedal.
Great - thanks. Now my only issue is waiting for them to become available :)

Crazyquilt

The Fool
Gold Supporting Member
I have been wandering wild in the fields of synthesis, far from my guitars. Whilst there, I came upon this new and brilliant video showing how to control a MOOD with MIDI, in this case, via an Elektron Digitakt. I've had my Digitakt about a month, and have come to love it, but now that I know that I can use it in interesting ways with MOOD -- and Blooper! -- I am so excite. I just wish I understood it a little better.

I can't believe I missed that Loopop video. His channel is hugely valuable, and if you do any synth/MIDI stuff, it is highly recommended.

Meriphew

I have been wandering wild in the fields of synthesis, far from my guitars. Whilst there, I came upon this new and brilliant video showing how to control a MOOD with MIDI, in this case, via an Elektron Digitakt. I've had my Digitakt about a month, and have come to love it, but now that I know that I can use it in interesting ways with MOOD -- and Blooper! -- I am so excite. I just wish I understood it a little better.

I can't believe I missed that Loopop video. His channel is hugely valuable, and if you do any synth/MIDI stuff, it is highly recommended.
I bought a Digitakt when it first came out. Unfortunately mine died on me so was returned. I love the Elektron stuff (I have an AR2, A4, and an MD). Have been dying to pick up a Digitone since it came out, but waiting to see if they implement a song mode. I want to pair a Digitone and a Mood.

ElliotG

Editor for Chase Bliss Pedals for Mac and Windows. The Mood is supported.

Download: https://github.com/ElliotGarbus/ChaseBlissEditor/releases

Supported pedals: Ayahuasca, Brothers, Condor, Dark World, Generation Loss, Gravitas, Mood, Thermae, Tonal Recall, Warped Vinyl, Warped Vinyl MKII, Wombtome.

The editor can save and restore settings to a computer, and write settings to the pedals.

Limitations: Due to the CB midi implementation. Dip switches can not be accessed by the editor. There are some controls that can not be controlled by midi (ModuShape waveform switches). In-spite of these limitations early users have confirmed there is value in the editor.

derekeugene

Silver Supporting Member
Has anyone found a way to implement any kind of tap tempo or MIDI/CV tempo input for the OBNE side delay or slip?

I love the pitch-shifted delays and can get the pitches and tone where I want them, but can't seem to get the time. Any ideas would be awesome.

Last edited:

Meriphew

I’ve got an etched Mood on the way. I think Chicago Music Exchange shipped it via USPS Backpack option and a mail carrier is hiking across the US with it. The mail carrier must have injured their ankle, as it’s been sitting in an LA facility for a couple days now.

Gera RG

Silver Supporting Member
MOOD users!

Would you consider relevant to keep a CT5 pedal when getting a MOOD? Are they too similar or there are enough differences between them to merit a place for both in a experimental/Ambiental music Pedalboard?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated really

Tabor

Silver Supporting Member
MOOD users!

Would you consider relevant to keep a CT5 pedal when getting a MOOD? Are they too similar or there are enough differences between them to merit a place for both in a experimental/Ambiental music Pedalboard?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated really
I have and plan to keep both. When MOOD was first being released I suspected it might be similar to CT5 and I suppose in some ways it is. They both can manipulate and loop short sections of audio and do some pitch shifting and reverse... I experience the MOOD as being a little more smeary overall. I think I've compared it to a buddha box before whereas I find the CT5 a little more glitchy in some ways... (although as a drone machine the MOOD has about a 5 minute lifespan).

The transcendence mode on the CT5 is handy since it means you can shift more seamlessly into a new loop. MOOD can't do that. Recording a new section of audio with the MOOD means your current loop has to stop playing before a new one can be added to the buffer. MOOD also can't layer looped phrases the way CT5 can. MOOD has the unique envelope and stretch algorithms on the Drolo side though whereas CT5 doesn't have either of those options. The clock is also more extreme on the MOOD.

There are way more differences between these two pedals and within this general category of effect imo than between two different examples of your more traditional effects like delay, overdrive, trem etc...

I used to have this idea of keeping just one "wildcard" pedal but at the moment I find these more unusual effects much more interesting than the standard fare and I'm finding a lot of variety between them in terms of sounds and UI and that variety makes it easier to justify keeping more than one.

Last edited:

MagnumSSS

I bought Mood and thought it synced to MIDI clock in addition to controlling presets. It doesn’t. Mood does not sync to MIDI clock. Major bummer. Returning it as I sync all my time based effects to MIDI clock.

However, Blooper DOES sync to MIDI clock. Yay!

Trending Topics