Chase Bliss Wombtone Phaser info

Abram4235

I was given a Wombtone yesterday at a family get together (sounds like a disease...) anyway, what an in depth pedal. Crazy the amount of tweakability on this thing. I tried it out for about an hour last night and I haven't even started adjusting the dip switches yet. It sounds very unique, unlike anything I have ever heard. It's just super watery and complex sounding. I opened the back panel and couldnt believe he still had room to put a 9v battery inside. It is a feat of engineering in my opinion.

I read the manual and apparently it has an 18v upconverter (or whatever you call it) inside for more headroom, so I figured I'd put it after my dirt and boost pedals (4 in total before, 1 after it) and it would be fine, and since thats where i usully put my phaser. Recently I've been seeing people put their phaser / univibe before their dirt, which is where I will try tonight because it sounds a little too pushed after the dirt.

I'm super impressed so far though. Does anyone else have any experience with this? I've heard only good things about Chase Bliss products.

Thanks!

jsytsma

I wish family gave ME expensive boutique pedals at family gatherings!

I really want a Wombtone MKII and I don't even use phaser at all. But then again, I got a Warped Vinyl and I never was much of a chorus/vibrato user and now I use it ALL THE FREAKING TIME

Abram4235

I wish family gave ME expensive boutique pedals at family gatherings!

I really want a Wombtone MKII and I don't even use phaser at all. But then again, I got a Warped Vinyl and I never was much of a chorus/vibrato user and now I use it ALL THE FREAKING TIME
Yea i was really surpeised! My aunts husband in FL won it and since he doesnt play and my dad and uncle do, she brought it up to Maine to my dad. He plays bass though and hes not a gear whore like us :) it was almost given to my uncle but my dad knew id appreciate it for what it is. I've heard the warped vinyl is awesome! I don't think I'd ever spend so much on a pedal to be honest otherwise. I had just passed on an expensive delay though that morning so i feel like it was good karma :)

smitty.west

I've been using my Wombtone Mk II for about two months now and it's, hands down, the finest phaser I've ever used. Phase was probably my least favourite effect for years-- disliked it more than chorus--, but the Wombtone changed my outlook on the effect for the better. I usually run mine at a super slow rate; hit with some nice distortion or fuzz it gets super duper chewy. Love that thing.

jsytsma

I've been using my Wombtone Mk II for about two months now and it's, hands down, the finest phaser I've ever used. Phase was probably my least favourite effect for years-- disliked it more than chorus--, but the Wombtone changed my outlook on the effect for the better. I usually run mine at a super slow rate; hit with some nice distortion or fuzz it gets super duper chewy. Love that thing.

I don't have money for your GAS inducing post.