• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Chase Tone Secret Preamp!

jazztastic

At some point last year, I did a test to confirm what I was hearing and seems to correspond right along with what he mentioned.

I ran a Pink Noise generator into the SP and looked at the frequency response with an FFT and/or spectrum analyzer.
10 o'clock seemed to be a very balanced sweet spot for the MID setting. As I increased the volume, the mids became more pronounced (along with a slight volume boost). Approaching the 3 o'clock setting the mids starting flattening out and the overall sound became more compressed. I wish now that I would've done screenshots, but it was a short test.

EpicEsquire

I hope Kyle doesn't mind me passing along this info he sent me a while back, but here it is in a nutshell:

"There's unity at around 10 o'clock.

It rises above unity depending upon the EQ Toggle setting from 11 o'clock to highest setting.

1 or 2 o'clock is maximum boost at about 3dBs.

3 o'clock to maximum knob setting changes the output impedance to simulate a worn EP-3 for a flatter EQ. It will make the different EQ toggle settings sound slightly different. The decibel boost is not as high as the earlier 1 or 2 o'clock settings.

To get an idea for the last statement. Try setting at 11 o'clock and then at maximum to compare the EQ change from the knob.

Players usually use the DARK or MID at 10 or 11 o'clock or 1 or 2 o'clock.

Players usually use the BRIGHT at 10 or 11 o'clock or max knob setting (around 5 o'clock.)"

I have 2 at the end of my chain (stereo) and very much appreciate your post - that's some news I can use

kwaves99

Just pulled the trigger and almost immediately got a very gracious email from Kyle. I don't use pedals much; but I'm excited to see what this does to enhance the sound of my rig (Artinger Hollowbody -----> 72 Deluxe Reverb (with 6L6's) and a JBL K-120)

gatordoc

Did anyone who bought a Secret Preamp during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale receive their pedal yet? Just curious as I ordered one on Cyber Monday and am trying to get an idea of where I might be on the waiting list. Website originally said 1 -2 weeks and then changed to 2 weeks but it's obviously longer than that.

Teleman76

Tubes-a-glowin
Gold Supporting Member
Did anyone who bought a Secret Preamp during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale receive their pedal yet? Just curious as I ordered one on Cyber Monday and am trying to get an idea of where I might be on the waiting list. Website originally said 1 -2 weeks and then changed to 2 weeks but it's obviously longer than that.
I’d reach out to Kyle, at this point, and ask.

zigwigwig

Silver Supporting Member
I got my shipping notice yesterday

Trending Topics