ChaseBliss/Benson Automatone Preamp MKII is here.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by hippieboy, Jan 13, 2020.

1. saintjohn89

saintjohn89 Supporting Member

Dude. Show us on the doll wear the pedal hurt you. :roll

Steve73, ShredTheGnar, DaveNJ and 3 others like this.
  2. raj007

raj007 Supporting Member

Haha, solid response.

Gallery likes this.
  3. Madala

Madala Member

Robot Tuners are making a comeback - sweet!

JJO, magnus02 and Jack DeVille like this.
  4. Fuzzr

Fuzzr Supporting Member

I’ll bet they 1,000 units on the first run. The Blooper was like $500 and they sold a metric f#{k-ton of those.

hippieboy likes this.
  5. RockDebris

RockDebris Member

That really is a sexy beast, destined to become a TGP status symbol.

hippieboy likes this.
  6. Gilbert Rocks

Gilbert Rocks Member

As long as we never have to see them on a Gibson, all is good. :)

7. hippieboy

hippieboy Member

It's tempting me more and more lol. Where do I get the money from though :confused

I'm waiting for Mike Hermans, that's where the gas will be unbearable lol.

8. magnus02

magnus02 Supporting Member

I'm intrigued by the form factor but this is a reasonable point. It's hard to figure out the real advantage here when I really think about it. I feel like the visual aspects would be more useful with a more 'complex' pedal (such as the mood or another?). But it's fun, they'll sell a bunch and hopefully the utility is there in the long run.

Either way. Just happy that a creative force is out there with enough market momentum to experiment in such ways.

Nail your businesses core concepts and it allows you the luxury to pursue these wild and exciting ideas.

vlammie, hippieboy and stagolee like this.
  9. tawtaw

tawtaw Member

It costs more than my entire drive section- which I'm currently satisfied with. I want to want it, but it's just not really practical for me. I'm probably not really the target demographic though.

Cool project though. This plus a fryette and a cab seems like it'd be awesome.

vlammie likes this.
  10. hippieboy

hippieboy Member

This is how great changes happen. Which is why it's exciting to me.

vlammie and Jack DeVille like this.
  11. jondom22

jondom22 Member

As a proud owner of 4 cb pedals (mood, Thermae, Tr rkm, gen loss), I gotta say that flying faders on a pedal seems like a recipe for tons of repairs.

The question will be how long the faders are covered under warranty, and how much will it cost to repair (whether it falls on the end user or cb).

I think losing the faders and getting the price down to $500 would sell more units while minimizing exposure to increased repair costs. It would functionally be the same thing, just use knobs + potentiometers like the other pedals.

12. hippieboy

hippieboy Member

There is a whole line up coming up, I trust Joel has everything cover. And it wouldn't be the same without the faders.

13. jondom22

jondom22 Member

Ya I read about that, it’s a big gamble on their bottom line. My point is that high end consoles with flying faders are already prone to failure, so I assume that putting them on a pedal that gets stepped on and moved around a lot would yield a higher failure rate.

I don’t see how it adds functionality-wise, tho it def looks cool and I’m sure will be fun to use.

ThinPaperWings likes this.
  14. hippieboy

hippieboy Member

It's a big gamble, We'll have to wait and see!

15. Tabor

Tabor Supporting Member

I agree here. I could theoretically sell every overdrive pedal I own and my Empress ParaEQ and use that money to buy this one but I'm pretty sure I'd regret it once I realized how many unique sounds I'd just lost... not to mention the ability to stack and combine. The idea of tons of preset versions of the same pedal seems much less interesting to me than lots of different pedals with their own individual flavors.

This is especially true of the fuzz sounds it might offer. I'd be even more reluctant to part with fuzzes to fund something like this since they tend to be more different from one another than overdrives.

stagolee likes this.
  16. Fuzzr

Fuzzr Supporting Member

I’m just glad to see that everyone knows more of how to run a business than Joel does. I’m sure they tested this Sh!t over and over again, otherwise why you put out something that’s not going to work. Also, if you’re an idiot that tries to smash/crush your pedals, this is not for you. Jeez Louis.

17. rabbit

rabbit Member

Regarding the motorized faders: In the end it comes down to how versatile the pedal really is and how intensively you'd use the up to 30 presets cause right there it adresses the gripes many have with multi effects/sounds unit: you can't see where the knobs are set for every preset, need to cycle through menues,...
    In my opinion this thing will sit on more recording desks than pedalboards thus reliability of the faders being less of an issue.
    Maybe they'll even come up with a (see-through) cover for the faders, like some of those micro sized Chinese pedsls have!?

hippieboy likes this.
  18. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg I Drink and I Know Things. Silver Supporting Member

I don't know if there's ever been a more appropriate real world manifestation of the 'Boiling Frog' fable than today's pedal world. Manufacturers slowly inching up the prices for gear that we'll line up for until we hit that first $1,000 retail pedalboard addition.

My money is on Origin Effects being the Roger Bannister of that (maybe sad:dunno)milestone.

19. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

Can it do line level output like a rack preamp?

btw, I can just see a beer getting spilled into it at a gig and sparks start flying out.

20. rkharper

rkharper Member

I said last year, this will be my number one buy in 2020, and I EXPECTED it will be easily more than 700$, only a fool would think it is less.
    but now that I exactly KNOW how much it costs, it is a lotta dough….

then again, I'll have my 40th in a month….

time to rethink.

vlammie likes this.