Cheap keyboard with audio in recording

Discussion in 'Keyboards' started by xervinx, Apr 15, 2018.

1. xervinx

xervinx Member

Looking for a keyboard to record music with drum,bass and other synth-key stuf.Also need a line in or mic in to record my guitar sound and put it on the backing track created with keys.I prefer something with good key's and speakers.Then able to get this track to pc or any other media.Idea here is not involve pc and keep everything simple,thanks...

2. Triton76

Triton76 Member

Korg Kronos is the only option I’m aware of but it’s at least two grand

3. Mort77

Mort77 Member

Roland FA 06 will do the trick and you can plug your guitar in

https://static.roland.com/products/fa_series/specifications/images/gallery_fa-06_top_large.jpg

Cheaper than Kronos mind you I prefer Korg

4. xervinx

xervinx Member

Sorry guys but they not cheap where i live.Sound quality isn't a issue for me,I want it only for background stuffs when i practice or play around ideas.For final record and mix I prefer use computer but for a day to relax and enjoy music I dont want to deal with any of menus or other tweaking.Looking something around 500$.

5. The Axecutioner

The Axecutioner Member

You do have a cheaper option and thats in the IK Multimedia iRig Keys I/O: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigkeysio/
    Its a midi keyboard controller and audio interface in one. Comes in 25 or 49 keys.
    I would get the 49 keys one if you want to play more realistic keyboard parts in real time.

But then again, you will need a PC or a tablet in combo with this keyboard. Sounds like you want a keyboard workstation which are not cheap at all but this keyboard with an iPad / Garageband could be a goer if you already have an ipad.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  6. mojotele65

mojotele65 Supporting Member

Roland Juno G has a ton of great sounds and onboard recording/arranging.

7. xervinx

xervinx Member

Thats what i want to avoid - The Computer - I can get good midi key but dont want it realy.
    That look awsome,cant find new but there is many used at very good price.I will look deeply at it thank you so much.

8. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

Is there a Yamaha that would do this?

Great thread!!

Thank you!

9. xervinx

xervinx Member

I'm also looking to yamaha psr series some look nice.

Cgkindler likes this.
  10. xervinx

xervinx Member

How about triple play vs keyboard ? I realy don't have time for another instrument.Is very basic keyboard skills better than high guitar skills with triple play ?

11. Modulator

Modulator Member

Not very traditional as far as a keyboard, but you could do some very creative recording and mixing with a Teenage Engineering OP-1.