Cheap les paul sounding guitar

Gigino

I'm searching for a cheap guitar (500€) such to add les paul tones to my little guitar family. At present i've a Prs Standard 22, a Fender Am. Series Strato and a PRS Tremonti SE; from these guitars i cannot get les paul tones to use with my Laney lionheart so i'm searching for a guitar having a good neck and good tones. I don't need nice maple tops or beautiful bindings, only tones and a good neck.
I'm in italy so no tokay or orville, agile.

Do you think epiphone can be a good idea? Hou are these compared to low price gibson (think Les Paul BFD or faded)

Deck

Dean Evo, maybe. I have a Golt Top one, with P90s, and it sounds good, compare to my LP standard, though the pickups are differents.
Otherwise, look for a used Les Paul Studio. It shouldn't be so much expensive...

drift_boat

Hamer Studio's with two humbuckers. They have the same maple/mahog body and neck woods as a LP. Made in the USA, excellent craftsmanship, and inexpensive ($700-800).

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
Epi's LP's sound like LP's. Maybe not as great as a good 'real thing' but well into the LP ballpark. And, easy to find and compare.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom