Cheap Pedals for a Practice Board

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jeffhef, Feb 3, 2006.

1. jeffhef

jeffhef Member

I'm beating my main pedals to death. My main board has an assortment of vintage and boutique stuff. I play at church but I have to move my stuff so much my pedals and board are taking a real beating. Where we practice usually ain't where we play. Anyway...I got this idea to setup a cheap practice board. I picked up a small Coffin Case pedalboard from Media Play when they were going out of business and I've gotten some steals on some pedals. Right now I have the following...

Snarling Dogs Tweed (whatever it is dist/od), Boss Metal something or other or the precursor to it, a cheap Boss Chorus I got for free, Behringer Phaser & Behringer Tremolo. I have a One Spot adapter ordered. So far I'm still just under $100 total. Anybody got any suggestions for a decent cheap pedal for a practice board?

I'm kinda into this whole cheap pedalboard thing right now.

jeffhef

2. Luke V

Luke V Member

If you're into delay, Arion SAD, delay pedal. Bad Monkey dist. Danelectro pedals, there is no shortage of cheap pedals out there.

3. erksin

erksin Member

Ibanez Weeping Demon wah - lots of tweakable sounds.

+1 on the Arion SAD-1 Analog Delay - it's a GREAT sounding box.

4. jeffhef

jeffhef Member

Lemme qualify...I know about the Bad Monkey. Arion...I'm not that hip to. I'm lookin for obscure stuff that's cheap. It ain't got to be durable...it ain't got to be anything but cool and cheap. As for Digitech's new stuff...ain't interested. Gimme some vague cheap crap.

jeffhef

5. Aussie_Battler

Aussie_Battler Member

Rocktron has some pretty good stuff for about $40-$60 USD. Short timer delay, Big Crush Compressor. Dano Fish n Chips EQ or PB&J Delay?

6. jeffhef

jeffhef Member

$40's too expensive. Come on guys. You're holdin' ot on me. I gotta have that cheap but cool vibe. Like the Snarling Dogs thing with the eyes that light up.

Remember...I'm lookin' for a good practice tone. I don't care about the vintage or boutiquey stuff. Hit me with an offer I can't refuse.

jeffhef

7. jeffhef

jeffhef Member

8. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

9. jeffhef

jeffhef Member

I'd love to see the pastor's eyes when he see's that!! :eek::eek:

One of our guys had a SHO on his board for about a year.

10. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

heck, just buy a buncha boss pedals off ebay (~$30) and mod them with monte allums uber cheap mods
    www.monteallums.com/product_links.html

Aside from the tone suckage, I'd gig with a board fitted with all his best mods

11. Entztrix

Entztrix Member

danelectro chicken salad

if it was house bigger/better they could probably sell it for $100 instead of $30
    it really kicks cheap ass:dude