• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Cheap Semi-Hollow with a good body?

Hey guys. I'm fairly new here, and I'm after a fairly cheap doublecut semi-hollow guitar with a good body and set neck, either maple or mahogany. I'd like it to have some sort of Bigsbyesque tailpiece too, but it's not an absolute necessity. I don't really care for the electronics seeing as I'm planning on rewiring and modding everything. I don't really wanna pay more than about £150, which means I'd probably have to go used. Any suggestions as to what guitars I could look for? Thanks in advance.

- Faisal :BEER

Hmmm, Hagstrom may be a bit too expensive for me. I'll still be looking into them though, cheers!

How about Vintage (brand) semi-hollows?

Sorry to bump but I just found the Italia Mondial Deluxe, which has a mahogany body with a maple top, set maple neck, two humbuckers and a piezo pickup. Anyone know much about this guitar? Any information will be much appreciated. :)

o_O

But yeah, I think the Italia Mondial is pretty good. There's no Reverends for much cheap, but I'll have a bigger look into Agile and Ibanez Artcores, cheers.

Jim85IROC

My vote would go to the Ibanez AS73 or Epi Dot. I've played a lot of cheap semi hollows lately, and the AS73 and Epi Dots were my favorite. The AS73 had better sounding pickups and was perhaps a bit more resonant, but the bodies & necks on both models were very nice.

Oakley

Hmmm, Hagstrom may be a bit too expensive for me. I'll still be looking into them though, cheers!

How about Vintage (brand) semi-hollows?
Do you mean Vantage? The Vantage 635 is a great guitar and probably in your price range. They can only be had used as they're no longer made.

Another great value in a used guitar is the Hofner Verythin CT. A used one might be just a little more than you have in mind.

Trending Topics