Cheap Semi-Hollow with a good body?

Hey guys. I'm fairly new here, and I'm after a fairly cheap doublecut semi-hollow guitar with a good body and set neck, either maple or mahogany. I'd like it to have some sort of Bigsbyesque tailpiece too, but it's not an absolute necessity. I don't really care for the electronics seeing as I'm planning on rewiring and modding everything. I don't really wanna pay more than about £150, which means I'd probably have to go used. Any suggestions as to what guitars I could look for? Thanks in advance.

- Faisal :BEER

Hmmm, Hagstrom may be a bit too expensive for me. I'll still be looking into them though, cheers!

How about Vintage (brand) semi-hollows?

Sorry to bump but I just found the Italia Mondial Deluxe, which has a mahogany body with a maple top, set maple neck, two humbuckers and a piezo pickup. Anyone know much about this guitar? Any information will be much appreciated. :)

o_O

But yeah, I think the Italia Mondial is pretty good. There's no Reverends for much cheap, but I'll have a bigger look into Agile and Ibanez Artcores, cheers.

Jim85IROC

Silver Supporting Member
My vote would go to the Ibanez AS73 or Epi Dot. I've played a lot of cheap semi hollows lately, and the AS73 and Epi Dots were my favorite. The AS73 had better sounding pickups and was perhaps a bit more resonant, but the bodies & necks on both models were very nice.

CitizenCain

How about this for $179?

Canvas semi-hollow. Picked it up a couple weeks ago, well worth the money.

canvas_front_close.jpg

Oakley

Silver Supporting Member
Hmmm, Hagstrom may be a bit too expensive for me. I'll still be looking into them though, cheers!

How about Vintage (brand) semi-hollows?

Do you mean Vantage? The Vantage 635 is a great guitar and probably in your price range. They can only be had used as they're no longer made.

Another great value in a used guitar is the Hofner Verythin CT. A used one might be just a little more than you have in mind.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom