Cheap silent external tap tempo pedals

vhollund

I just bought the Flasback 2 and plan to use the external tap feature
It seems a simple momentary non latch switch pedal is all i need, maybe with a little resoldering tip to sleeve
Someone said you can use a cheap keyboard sustain pedal?

Last edited:

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
I would get an actual switch personally. Those cheap keyboard pedals are going to go out, take up a lot of space, and I would think it would be hard to tap accurately.

I have bought many switches from Saturnworks Pedals through the years. His prices are fair, work is quality, and they get done fast. Check his site out.

The MXR tap works great. I used it when I had the FB2, and the internal dipswitches make it easy to adjust for other pedals you may use in the future.

Pick'n'strum

Another vote for throne room. I have a tap with dual outputs so I can get 2 pedals synced up with one tapper. Silent and accurate.

vhollund

This type switch migth be good on a huge arena stage but I have had an issue that the noise the make will be noticed on a smaller stage and can actually ruin a quiet song
I have tested with a Korg ps-3 expression pedal that i don't use often (for keyboards)
It's 14 dollars + an added stereo jack and it works well
So i guess it'll do for now
Thanks for the helpfull replies

vhollund

Wait.. the FB2 has external tap??
If you like tinkering with the toneprint editor, the fb2 is pretty underated
In fact i tried strymon el capistan for a month and found the delays too hifi and the analog buffering horrible when on
I just made 3 costum delays in fb2
2 identical but with different mash setting
On one preset the Mash starts as a fast lesley and bypassing the delay while i press
I press harder the fb volume increases and le "rotor" slows a little
Press all the way and i get Landau Arion type chorus /lesley /vibrato
A little off topic but I'm really psyched about the upgrade :)
Soldered the stereo jack to the expression pedal today and just 2 taps wups I'm in time
I know I should get paid for the hype ;)

Last edited:

Trending Topics