Cheap wah that doesn't suck

steeeve

I need a wah. It will be used for maybe like five songs out of about 60. Teese and the like are too expensive, but I don't want a wah will suck.

I'd like to spend no more than $100.00. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

gkelm

Silver Supporting Member
I had a 535Q for quite a while...versatile & sounds great.
Greg

erksin

I've never tried one, but the Ibanez Weeping Demon is considered a pretty versatile and cool sounding wah for the price...

steeeve

The v847 seems like a good bang for the buck contender right now. The main thing is, for how little I use wah, I don't want to degrade the rest of my signal any more than I have to with the presence of a wah. To get one true bypass modded makes it a little more than I want to spend. Kind of a rock and a hard place.

Thanks for the suggestions.

royd

check e-bay for a crybaby modded to true bypass by doobtone. I picked one up, have been using it with a funk band, and it is very nice and well under the $100 ceiling.

58lespaulman

I would spend another $50.00 and get the Vox V848 Clyde wah. I know for a fact by that the Vox V847 sucks tone big time.. It will suck most of the high end sparkle out of your tone.. Spend the extra and get the Clyde, and it has True Bypass, and will not degrade your signal.

Colt

Crybaby Classic. That's what'd I play if I lost my teese and didn' thave enough dough for another teese or fulltone.

but I've seen some RMC-1's for around 100.00.....

Trending Topics