Cheaper replacement for WF Rat reissue..

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Paul Conway, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Paul Conway

Paul Conway Member

I think I'm going to have to sell my WFRat, but thinking ahead: what pedal that's maybe a little cheaper and more readily available offers a similar gain range and sensitivity, perhaps with better clean-up?

Ta

2. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

Ive had my eye on Cmatmods Black Plague or the newer Ratified. I see them in the emporium for about $100. Would love to hear some feedback on this.

3. Jacknamara87

Jacknamara87 Member

The VFE Alpha Dog is cool and worth a look. Those VFE pedals are real nice for the money in my opinion.

4. OotMagroot

OotMagroot Supporting Member

I wanted to get a WF reissue RAT but the VFE Alpha Dog was like $60 cheaper. SO, that's the way I went.

Nice pedal!!!!

5. The_Wretched

The_Wretched Supporting Member

I have a black plague. It's very responsive unlike most rats I've tried/played. Tons of gain on tap. I'm not really a rat guy tho. It does give me pretty sweet lead tone. If you're interested le me know.

6. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

SUF Screamin Panda

7. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

The Bearfoot Honey Bee and Dyna Red are in that same ballpark, although I don't know if they'd save you much. You could also build your own using a BYOC or GGG kit or Madbean PCB (you'd probably end up with $50-90 in the pedal and you'd learn a bit).

All that said, with shipping, paypal, Ebay costs, people dragging you down from your asking price... Why not just keep the Rat unless you don't really like it?

8. Paul Conway

Paul Conway Member

Well, imported it for about £100, vs new cost in stores of £220=240 :omg

...so I can get back what I paid for it in p-ex against a new amp (which is what I've got to get).

I've realised that if I were to keep it, I'd want to get an LED and Boss-style power jack added, which would be extra expense and would destroy the value of the thing, I guess.