Cheapest place online to buy strings and other accessories?

omfg51

What online vendor/website offers the best prices overall? I know Amazon has the best deals on select items at certain times, but is there any place to find the best deals most of the time? Excluding MF and GC.

DR5Guy

There is no "best place" in my experience. One day amazon has the best price, next day it is MF or sweetwater.

Tommy Biggs

Gold Supporting Member
I wait for big sales and stock up. It can be anywhere. I've gotten some crazy deals at GC, Sam Ash, Elderly, Woodwind and Brass (!)

msnes335

Silver Supporting Member
Juststrings.com, and Stringsandbeyond.com. Just strings is usually the cheapest I've found on most stuff. Strings and Beyond can get a little cheaper when they have either a 15 or 20% off coupon.

MartinPiana

Gold Supporting Member
juststrings.com has been my go to. haven't done any price comparisons for a few years tho. always have gotten solid, prompt service from them.

rte1023

Sweetwater is always good as you can reduce the unit cost if you buy more. Great for strings.

^I've been curious about gearsupplyco string quality as well. I wish you could do custom gauges but they only have so many varieties.

Guitar1969

Anyone use gearsupplyco? Ive wondered if their stuff is any good.
I just got an email ad from them yesterday them and checked out their selection, and they had very limited choices, and prices seemed horrible for strings. It's all no name stuff.

To me it came across like they are more into selling gift packs and stuff, the kind of stuff us guitarists get from friends and relatives that know nothing about the stuff we like.

I usually buy bulk strings from juststrings or stringsandbeyond, or look for bulk packs at the big music sites.

dwoverdrive

I just got an email ad from them yesterday them and checked out their selection, and they had very limited choices, and prices seemed horrible for strings. It's all no name stuff.

To me it came across like they are more into selling gift packs and stuff, the kind of stuff us guitarists get from friends and relatives that know nothing about the stuff we like.

I usually buy bulk strings from juststrings or stringsandbeyond, or look for bulk packs at the big music sites.
that was a suspicion of mine. Seems like the guitar strings version of dollar shave club. Advertise the hell out of it, charge less for the product but make it a subscription so you order more than you would normally. Focus on packages and bundles

guspc

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone use gearsupplyco? Ive wondered if their stuff is any good.
Their strings are nothing spectacular, stopped my subscription after they sent me a set of strings in a different package (with all strings in the same plastic wrapper other than their usual 1 string per paper wrap) that looked like it was from another vendor.

Last edited:

guspc

Silver Supporting Member
Some strings on Amazon are eligible for subscription, with enough items you can get extra discounts. I've been getting the D'addario EXL 10-46 for 3.15 each.

Trending Topics