Cheapest power filter

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mahler, Dec 22, 2009.

1. mahler

mahler Member

Need to get rid of this hum when using power supply's, whats the cheapest route for this (btw don't need a lot of ports). DC brick, or is that unfiltered. Or if I got a HUM X and attached a surge protector/power strip would that solve it. Any suggestions?

Btw... if its the cheapest in quality..i'd like to know :D.

2. flampton

flampton Member

I think EHX has something for this. HUM Debugger? Pretty cheap as well, but I think it works in line with your guitar so there is prolly tone suckage.

3. mahler

mahler Member

I heard that this pedal is one to stay away from....thanks though, I"m talking like a power supply like a Voodoo Lab but a cheaper smaller alternative. :D

4. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

the fuel tank JR has isolated outs (which is what the voodoo lab has and what fixes the hum most of the time), but is scaled down in size, features, and price.

5. mahler

mahler Member

Thanks, thats what I'm looking for.

6. plygtar

plygtar Member

I never had hum from a pedal wall wart or never from power supply such as a T-Rex Fuel Tank or even a One Spot. However, I did have an issue with hum which I finally determined was due to a ABY switchbox that I was using to switch between two amplifiers even when that brand of switch box got rave reviews. I also considered one of those Hum X units, but I would suggest your better off determining the exact source of the hum and eliminate it at its source before adding and using of these devices. It is from dirty power, a pedal, faulty grounding, or some other unit.

7. 78deluxe

78deluxe Member

BEE Supercharger is the best deal I've found. Works great.

You can get them new for right at $100 (and under if you look around sometimes).