Cheapest way to get into dual rectifier

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by seventn, Oct 12, 2008.

1. seventn

seventn Member

I want the dual rectifier sound without having to get a head and a cab. Is there a way to get close with a pedal? V-twin? Rectifier recoding pre??

I have a Fender Deluxe reverb RI and have good clean and pretty good marshall dirt with pedals but now I want Dual rec!

thanks guys

2. bilbal

bilbal Member

The V-Twin is a pretty great pedal. I had one years ago and remember it having a butt load of gain. Will it replace a Mesa Rectifier head going at full steam...? No, but it's a fun pedal and a nice replacement for having to spend the money for a Recto head.

I haven't seen a V-Twin in years. Do you have a line on one? It's worth trying out. It's definitely all Mesa Boogie!!!!

3. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

hmm. I didn't like the V-twin at all.

I've seen single recs go for $750. Great sounding amp, and cheaper than the recto recording preamp.

4. seventn

seventn Member

what is the difference between single and dual?

I really enjoy the guitar sound of foo fighters and Dada and they both use rectifiers..

5. kmanick

kmanick Member

the Single Rectifier Rectoverb , lets you switch back and forth between the 6L6 /El34 tube options.
    50 watts VS 100. no rectifier tubes in a single either. I find the singles to sound tighter than the new duals (the 2 channel duals kick ass), but you get 2 channel, a clean and a dirty, no channel cloning either. the Rectoverb also has the solo boost on the pedal which is really a "Nice to have" if you play lead.
    Vintage mode on the Rectoverb is pretty sweet.

6. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

Have you always been able to switch between tube types in the single?