Check out this crazy PRS that Mark Tremonti is rocking! Never seen a PRS like this.

atallen

Gold Supporting Member
Here's another pic of it.

As I've said before, I don't think there's any new guitar shape possible that isn't derivative of something else. To me, this looks like an upside-down left-handed guitar with an appendage to allow it to double as a boat rudder. That's not a bad thing, if that's what you are in to. It does look heavy, and it might not be the guitar to play at windy venues. But if you are attacked on stage, blunt force trauma is right in your hands.

Hey, that's a great name for this guitar - The Tremonti Blunt Force Trauma.

Concentric controls... neck-through... whether I like it or not I can certainly applaud he and the PRS crew for stepping outside of their comfort zone.

Kind of makes me think of the Fernandes Vertigo from the 90s or 00s.

Mataguri

Actually, I gotta say in the shots where you can see the figuring of the wood the guitar looks a lot better:

Edit: Removing the top horn I actually kinda dig it:

Last edited:

Guitarworks

Hmmm...it doesn't appeal to me aesthetically. But it's good to see PRS continue trying radically different, experimental shapes. Maybe in the not too distant future, they'll hit on some new body shape that just makes me plotz.

rufedges

I've always liked the PRS Les Paul-type single cut guitars MT has been playing for years now,......never actually played one, and I'm more of a Strat guy myself, but If I ever buy a PRS, it would probably be a PRS Single Cut. He looks too much like James Hetfield or something with that Firebird/Explorer and PRS mix breed. Never liked the Firebirds personally.

RJLII

Not my cup-o-tea. That being the case, I'm sure Mark will stop playing it immediately. :rolleyes:

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
i'm thinking it took a lot of money, clout and cajoling to get PRS to make something with a non-prs body shape like that; it's impressive for that reason alone.

technomancer

I love watching people lose their minds about a one-off Private Stock. As for PRS building neck throughs, Private Stock will build you pretty much whatever you want. Not my cup of tea, but it's not my custom guitar lol

Glowing Tubes

Silver Supporting Member
I like it. Options are always good. So different than anything else they've built, why the hell not.