Check out this Hagstrom Semi Hollow - Has anyone played one ??

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Andre357, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Andre357

Andre357 Member

Found this in the amp forum in the " ridiculous setups thread ". Man this hagstrom looks sweet. I had a hagstrom LP copy years ago as a teenager that was very nice indeed.

This could satisfy my semi hollow GAS if it's a player. Anyone own or tried one ? Thoughts ??

Here it is :

[​IMG]

2. r_cressw

r_cressw Member

I've played the Viking and the Viking II... Very nice, actually, especially for the price. The Viking (the one pictured) is a set neck, "resinator" fretboard, that crazy H-expander truss rod thing. Overall a very cool ES-335 vibe to it, though with a slimmer neck. The one I played had a perfect fret job, and was equally good for jazzy chording and some seriously fast lines up and down the neck.

The Viking II is the one with the inline headstock, bolt-on neck, and feels like someone put an Ibanez RG neck on a 335. Also cool, but very different.

Both can be had on ebay for some pretty killer deals.

3. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

The hagstroms are the best kept secrets right now. The Swedes and the Vikings are all really great. My local dealer handles them. Great stuff at a great price.

4. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

Yes, I played it last year. Hagstrom is basically name only now, as they are made in Asia, but cool guitars for the $. A local store here has carried several in their line this year. I especially liked their take on the strat, the F-301

5. Austinrocks

Austinrocks Member

local store had a couple a couple years ago, the semi hollow and hollow body, really loved both of them, still kicking myself for not getting both.

6. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Vikings are cool and so is Dweezil's ZPZ rig!!

7. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

I dig my '67. Can't comment on the new ones, though (haven't played any).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]