Check out this modded Hot Rod Deluxe

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by markflo, Aug 21, 2008.

1. markflo

markflo Member

hello all, just thought i'd share a clip of this fender hot rod deluxe that was modded by my buddy (who's also a member here in TGP).

he changed the OT, PT, & added a choke to the amp.

anyway, enjoy!

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6824998

2. Lution

Lution Member

sounds good!

really tasty playing too!

3. markflo

markflo Member

Thanks for listening man! I'm normally an od pedal guy but this amp is pretty tempting!

4. bemymonkey

bemymonkey Member

I loved the smooth, dark clean tones in the beginning, but the overdriven sounds don't quite do it for me - bit thin, IMO. Great playing. :)

5. markflo

markflo Member

There's always room for improvement! Thanks for the comment though. Any suggestions on how the od section should be voiced?

6. JJGross

JJGross Member

I like it and I wouldn't change the tone on the lead OD sound.

What I would do for recording purposes would be to slightly compress it with a really open gate to fatten it up slightly (not a lot) but keep it transparent sounding without any obvious clamping going on. Then add maybe a little analog delay around 300ms with mostly dry sound and only about 2 repeats.

Live I'd leave it as-is since there's no a recording on the planet that truly sounds live. I bet it sound better to your ears in person than through even the best PC sound card after mp3 compression. I'd very much bet it would be fine in a club like that. You need a little more present sound live and I bet that kind of sound would cut through just fine. If you have a sound tech to help massage it - even better.

Plenty trash the sound of the HRDx, but I've found mine to have all kinds of really cool tones in it if I take the time to play around with it. Mine's pretty far from stock using EL84s & a Celestion clone, but not a single solder joint was touched to do the alterations.

Good job and nice playing!

Cheers,
    - JJ

7. Scott Auld

Scott Auld Staff Member

Thread moved to Gear Demo Soundclips section

8. ProGuitarShop

ProGuitarShop Member

That sounds fantastic. The clean tones at the beginning are smoooooth! Nice work and great playing to.

9. embot

embot Member

Love your playing Mark. Really tasty. Wish my HRD can sound like that.