• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Check this homemade guitar out

valcoholic57

Just wanted to share the love for this piece of art designed and created by my bandmate....all handcarved from a solid piece of walnut...and trust me...it plays better than it looks....oh...did I mention we're 22? Not bad for an up and coming musician...

This was its early life...it no longer has the master lock knob. A different pickguard....and pickup covers....but damn...look at that carving....

Here's the headstock

And a full view...thats me playing the SG...and Him playing on the first guitar he built...a beautiful semi-hollow body....

Just thought id share:banana

Hultas

That's some mother****ing sweet **** right there dude! damn! If I would've made such a guitar for myself I'd never buy a new guitar, I'd stick to it for the rest of my life.

lhallam

Platinum Supporting Member
Your buddy has some serious talent.

He did a great job.

Thanks for sharing.

52ftbuddha

That is fantastic please put up some color photos so we can get a better look at it. Takes a great guitar shape and makes it better, hard to believe. Nothing like the youthful fire of creativity.

rob

valcoholic57

I will certainly put up some coloured photos...The nice dark walnut looks awesome plugged into my blonde bandmaster:AOK

We both have killer strats....but both his homemade guitars play better....the semi hollow has some sweet soapbar p-90s and it rocks...

nmiller

Drowning in lap steels
Reminds me a bit of when Guild made S-100s with acorns and leaves carves into the top. Neat!

highrise

Can you get any close ups? Is the back done too?

You said it's from a solid piece of walnut...it's ALL one continuous piece?

Is there a truss rod?

valcoholic57

Can you get any close ups? Is the back done too?

You said it's from a solid piece of walnut...it's ALL one continuous piece?

Is there a truss rod?

Yes it is from a solid piece of walnut...there is a truss rod....after you cut the neck you route a groove down the middle...place the rod...then the fret board is glued on top....I'll take some pics in a day or two...puttin some new pickup covers and a new pot in right now....the back is just finely sanded/finishied

I have a link to our old band....we've went in a slightly different direction...but its still pretty cool...

you can hear it here http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=156354179:AOK

Trending Topics