Check this homemade guitar out

valcoholic57

Just wanted to share the love for this piece of art designed and created by my bandmate....all handcarved from a solid piece of walnut...and trust me...it plays better than it looks....oh...did I mention we're 22? Not bad for an up and coming musician...

3316474033_5da9d67903.jpg

This was its early life...it no longer has the master lock knob. A different pickguard....and pickup covers....but damn...look at that carving....

Here's the headstock
3317301868_2bbc318a60.jpg

And a full view...thats me playing the SG...and Him playing on the first guitar he built...a beautiful semi-hollow body....

3316476939_be7ff716dc.jpg

Just thought id share:banana

Hultas

That's some mother****ing sweet **** right there dude! damn! If I would've made such a guitar for myself I'd never buy a new guitar, I'd stick to it for the rest of my life.

52ftbuddha

That is fantastic please put up some color photos so we can get a better look at it. Takes a great guitar shape and makes it better, hard to believe. Nothing like the youthful fire of creativity.

rob

valcoholic57

I will certainly put up some coloured photos...The nice dark walnut looks awesome plugged into my blonde bandmaster:AOK

We both have killer strats....but both his homemade guitars play better....the semi hollow has some sweet soapbar p-90s and it rocks...

nmiller

Drowning in lap steels
Reminds me a bit of when Guild made S-100s with acorns and leaves carves into the top. Neat!

highrise

Can you get any close ups? Is the back done too?

You said it's from a solid piece of walnut...it's ALL one continuous piece?

Is there a truss rod?

valcoholic57

Can you get any close ups? Is the back done too?

You said it's from a solid piece of walnut...it's ALL one continuous piece?

Is there a truss rod?

Yes it is from a solid piece of walnut...there is a truss rod....after you cut the neck you route a groove down the middle...place the rod...then the fret board is glued on top....I'll take some pics in a day or two...puttin some new pickup covers and a new pot in right now....the back is just finely sanded/finishied

I have a link to our old band....we've went in a slightly different direction...but its still pretty cool...

you can hear it here http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=156354179:AOK

Trending Topics

Top Bottom