• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Check this out- Jonny Quest

Kenny D

I used to like that show when I was a kid. Saturday morning cartoons were different way back then.

realityczech

The bed track is big band on this which was one reason for the thread.
The production cut is different.
Oh and "Hadji" is way badass!

DejavuDave

Best full production theme music for a cartoon. :AOK Favorite show when I was a kid in the 60's. :love: I have the DVD set and even a CD soundtrack of all the various bits of music. Yea, I'm a geek. My mantra is, "What would Race Bannon Do?"

Carltone

Ever see the Harvey Birdman parody of Johnny Quest?
That's some funny stuff there!

Love me some real Johnny Quest, too. My older brother was a huge fan and got me hooked. Great animation and music on those...

jtm622

Jonny Quest doesn't come on until 12:30 am weekdays here on the Cartoon Network... I have trouble staying up that late when I have to get up early to go to work the next day, so I just get to see Jonny occasionally... One of my all-time favorite cartoon shows. :)

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
Huge JQ fan here.
I have all the old episodes on VHS...may have a pal put them on DVD this weekend.

I was...7 years old ('63 or '64?) when the first episode aired.
The Sargasso Sea episode with the laser gun. Man, I thought Race was the coolest! And I thought Jonny was the luckiest kid on the planet.
I followed every episode and was extremely bummed when it went off the air.

A grown up cartoon show for kids...great premise.
Alot of the cartoon shows were more "grown up" back then.

I miss those days, some days.

S.
j

ps

Reverend Horton Heat did a way cool version of the JQ theme song.

Seem Seem Solabeem! :D

Last edited:

AL30

Reverend Horton Heat did a way cool version of the JQ theme song.
That was on the Saturday Morning Cartoon Soundtrack. That's a fun CD.

Matthew Sweet - Scooby Doo
Helmet - Gigantor
Ramones - Spiderman
Josie and the *****cats - Juliana Hatfield/Tanya Donelly

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/1103844/a/Saturday+Morning+Cartoons'+Greatest+Hits.htm

AL

As a side note, I just found out you can't type p*ssy into here. It keeps coming back ****cats. ***** is bad for you.

Lance

Gold Supporting Member
I was...7 years old ('63 or '64?) when the first episode aired.
The Sargasso Sea episode with the laser gun. Man, I thought Race was the coolest! And I thought Jonny was the luckiest kid on the planet.
I followed every episode and was extremely bummed when it went off the air.
WOW! I remember that episode. I like the one with the Erickon Bar. An anti-gravity device that a midget, impersonating a gargoyle statue stole from Dr. Quest. I think they discovered it was the midget, because he had a hole in the sole of one of his shoes, or something like that.

lhallam

Platinum Supporting Member
One of my fave theme songs. My bud and I used to jam a bit on in it. Think they are making a live action movie. Not sure.

Seeem Seeem Sala Beeeem

ken budd

Wow did that ever take me back! I never missed an episode. Wasn't it on at night? I loved that cartoon. I loved the music when one of the monsters was on the prowl. I'm going to have to look for it on the cartoon network.

Trending Topics