Cheers to Peavey customer support

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Whiskeyrebel, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Whiskeyrebel

Whiskeyrebel Member

I managed to lose one of the saddle height setscrews from my Peavey Reactor. I called Peavey to find out what size it needs. Steve Smith took down my address so they could mail me one at no charge! How cool is that?
    :AOK

2. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

They are great. I bought a used Peavey once, and the pickup was bad, and they STILL replaced it free after I told them I'd bought it used and would buy the part. Truly, awesome service, I've heard many, many times.

3. Rock Johnson

Rock Johnson Member

Steve Smith at Peavey is great.

I've had several really good experiences with him.

4. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

They're not my favorite family of products by a long shot, but I've always liked them as a company; a home grown operation that's progressive and a little unorthodox.

5. JohnnyK

JohnnyK Member

Gotta love Peavey for customer support: I call an 800 number, a human being answers and speaks in understandable English, they are friendly and helpful, and they're right here in the USA. I have called on 3 separate occasions and was impressed with the way they handled my concerns. Thanks Peavey!

6. billy budapest

billy budapest Supporting Member

My man at Peavey is Leon Williams and he is unmatched in the customer service universe! :AOK

bb

7. DC1

DC1 Member

I am a total equipment snob, yet I had to call Peavey about a Media Matrix unit, not expecting much, and they were superb. Some of the best support and customer service I have ever seen in 25 years.

DC

8. LTE

LTE Member

When I worked at the music store, I loved Peavey's customer service. Top notch stuff. Some of their stuff might not be the best sounding or best made (while the Classic amps and Black Widow speakers are true classics), but man do they ever stand and believe in their product.

9. wildschwein

wildschwein Member

Yeah - those guys are awesome. They really back their products, even the older stuff.

10. sinlimo

sinlimo Member

Freakin LA LA Land.. magnet for delusional whacko'
    .. and it's not just their customer support either... I've talked with some of their amp designers (John Fera) and technicians, and WOW! Excellent customer care and support.

Heck, even their parts department was friendly and knowledgeable.

I tell ya, when it comes to buying gear (and I'm a guitar player, I buy/sell tons of gear), knowing that a company not only stands behind their gear, but will even help you out on products that are out of production means a lot!

11. ugacrow

ugacrow Member

Still based in Meridian, MS to this day... Southern hospitality at its finest!

12. Lance

Lance Member

WOW! Somebody pinch me, I think I'm dreaming. I am very tempted to grab a Classic 30, just to have around the house, based on how they sound, and this thread. Eh, I'll wait until after Christmas. Maybe Santa will bring me one.

13. chumley

chumley Member

Peavey rep Mike Brown is a steel player's best friend. Terrific service.

14. Jazzydave

Jazzydave Seeker Silver Supporting Member

Yep, they've always been very helpful...although I still haven't convinced them to brign their classic series back in the tweed finish. Haha

15. Doodad

Doodad Member

No kidding. I have a 1974 Classic and they were able to help me with that as well. The guy was excited to look it up. We discovered it had the original tubes still in it and running fine! :dude