• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Cheesy 80's song, nice flanger tone

Beto

Silver Supporting Member
I've been appreciating flanger more and more in the last two years or so, and it's been one surprise after another when I come to realize that it was the kind of effect used in many famous songs, from different styles, that I've heard along my life.

So yesterday I was driving home listening to the radio and then a guitar strumming beautifully colored by flanger started. I knew I had heard it before in my life, but couldn't recognize what it was until the cheesy sax riff came in.

This was a relatively famous band from the 80's, but I never cared about it - except for the typical admiration you could expect from an early teenager about a cute girl with a sweet voice.

Probably I hadn't listened to this particular song for 10 years or more until yesterday - and from 1991 to a couple years ago the only example I knew when it came to flanger used with an electric guitar was The Number of The Beast.

Anyway, I really liked the rhythm guitar tone. Likewise, the guitar solo sounds great IMO.

Here is the song (I've warned you that it's cheesy!):

Bonus:

Here is how she looked like back in the day:

And not too long ago:

(She's over 50 nowadays and still looks gorgeous!)

Last edited: