Chemotherapy... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by michael.e, Jun 13, 2019.

1. TimmyPage

TimmyPage Member

It is, my dad had nerve damage from it and his hands hurt constantly. The port was much better.

2. fusionbear

fusionbear exquirentibus veritatem Gold Supporting Member

Any updates? How,are you doing? Still praying for you man....

Just found out my younger brother tested positive. He is going to get further testing in order to tailor the best treatment...

3. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

Hey Carl thanks for asking. I’m sorry to hear about your brother. Yeah it’s pretty amazing how much scrutiny the doctors put themselves under with regard to prescribing a direction for each case. Then that is further scrutinized by a panel i.e. getting a second third and fourth opinion. Smart way to do it. I have been having some rough days sprinkled with hours here and there of little pain and discomfort. I am on chemo meds for 5 more days and then I get a week off from all drugs. During that time I will be getting a Port in my chest. The following week will be my second of 6 rounds of chemo infusion. That day I will start my next round of chemo pills for the following 2 weeks. The regimen I have is because I am younger and stronger than most patients who get Rectal cancer and they want to hit it as hard as possible. Trying to eat is a big chore. Thankfully l have no desire/tolerance for any alcohol and that will serve to let my body rest in those areas. I can see a pretty sizable reboot of my life and health practices after I get through this all.

I am doing chemo till November.
    One month off for recuperating.
    December I start Radiation treatment 5 days a week.
    That lasts till March.
    My surgery is scheduled in April of next year. Hopefully the tumor has shrunk enough that they can cut it all out and not get too close to the end of my rectum. Too close and I will be wearing a colostomy bag for the rest of my life.

Some good friends of mine run a large scale organic farm. They supply produce to a lot of SF restaurants. They brought me a huge bounty of fresh vegetables, tofu, organic herb teas and CBD’s of various strengths. Also a salve of thc oil mixed with coconut oil. These things are what are saving me in terms of staying healthy through this chemo. If I did not eat right and use these cbd’s, I’d probably be in bed 24/7.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    fusionbear likes this.
  4. Stevo57

Stevo57 Supporting Member

HEY BROTHER ME,
    Fighting right alongside you and in the same general area. Had my prostate removed 3 weeks ago. They found cancer cells outside the prostate in my post op pathology so I will be doing radiation 5 days a week for 6 weeks starting sometime next month.
    Battle on and stay positive! CBD topical helped a lot with some joint and muscle pain recently. I'll have to go get some edibles to see if it can reduce some of the internal inflammation I'm having in my groin.

5. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    Yeah, and then I'll have to report you :fisticuffs I'm a doctor darn it! :waiting

Seriously though, best wishes for those going through such a trial. I do think that cancer has a lot to do with our hacked food supply these days ... that and all the crappy chemicals we've played around as in :huh :dunno spraying our food supply to eliminate pests :messedup

VCuomo and michael.e like this.
  6. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

Hey my Brother! Wow sorry to hear. I agree with Tweedy that our food supplies and what goes in to them has a big factor in these kinds of ailments. Also the industries that you and me come from... man the lack of safety in the trade practices back in the ‘80’s. Who knows what that kind of exposure caused. Yes I highly recommend cbd’s for gut and digestive inflammation issues. Getting the strain and proportions right for your body is critical. Be well my brother.