Cheshire Amplifiers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by couscousman, Mar 3, 2012.

1. couscousman

couscousman Member

I was wondering if anyone has had an opportunity to play an Andrew Cheshire amp? http://www.andrewcheshire.com/guitaramplifiers.html

He builds them in his shop in Ephrata, PA. I recently played his 50 watt head and it sounded absolutely fantastic. I'm interested in his 10 watt Matador.

2. couscousman

couscousman Member

No one has any experience with Andy's amps? I find them very interesting - both visually, and functionally.

3. rreiser

rreiser Supporting Member

Very unique. I like the acoustic music on the website. Very good player. Would like to know the prices of the amp and more details.

4. couscousman

couscousman Member

If I recall correctly, I think Andy said his amps start around $800 for the more simple circuits (I know one is Champ-like) and go up to around $2,500. I may be a little off but I think that is what he told me.

Also, I've heard him play guitar. He was riffing on the Gibson amp he worked on for me - and, you're right, he is an outstanding player.