• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Chicago area people i need your help

Ribar

Hey all,

I have been looking into getting one of the American Production Charvel guitars. The problem is i cant find any in the area, my friend ordered one online and i tried it and really like how it plays and sounds. I wanted one guitar with Floyd setup to do the tricks etc. so i want one of these. Has anybody run across one in the area. I would like to buy locally cause i can try the guitar before i buy it, but if i cant find one i will look to buy online then. I think the quality consistency is good with the new batches that it should be good buy, but as i said would prefer to buy it locally.

^^^^Those look like the Custom Shop models. Give 'em a call though. They may be able to locate one for you. I love mine!

Ribar

^^^^Those look like the Custom Shop models. Give 'em a call though. They may be able to locate one for you. I love mine!
Thanks guys yah i will call them today. What color did you pick. I am undecided between slime green and ferrari red so cal, just slightly leaning to geting the green finish. :)

AnthonyL

Gold Supporting Member
If Maken doesn't have one, call Dave's Guitars. They are in Wisconsin, but the guys there will treat you right when it comes to selecting one. They will also set it up anyway you like for free. The in-house techs are very good... If you have some time on a Saturday, drive up (it's about 4hrs), but well worth it. Not only would you be able to check one out in person, but you can check out one of the best vintage guitar/amps collections ever... It's on the second floor and always open to the public.

www.davesguitar.com

Ribar

I just called the place, and they only have the custom shop. I asked if anybody else has the Production Models and he didn't know. So search goes on, but i have a feeling i will be ordering mine online. :(

Ribar

If Maken doesn't have one, call Dave's Guitars. They are in Wisconsin, but the guys there will treat you right when it comes to selecting one. They will also set it up anyway you like for free. The in-house techs are very good... If you have some time on a Saturday, drive up (it's about 4hrs), but well worth it. Not only would you be able to check one out in person, but you can check out one of the best vintage guitar/amps collections ever... It's on the second floor and always open to the public.

www.davesguitar.com
Oh cool i will check these guys out.

Thanks guys yah i will call them today. What color did you pick. I am undecided between slime green and ferrari red so cal, just slightly leaning to geting the green finish. :)
I got the polar white San Dimas as soon as it came out. Glad I did because those sold out in no time. The greens look cool with the black swapped out for chrome.

Ribar

Still looking i have a question about the colors did Charvel release a batch in White that are made in US? I run across lots of Made in Japan white color socals, just curious, i would prefer to get the US version, i want the white color just got to find one. If not i might just order the MIJ one, they go for about 899, come with hard case and are spec wise same.

And while i am here did anybody got a chance to play the MIJ ones? And what are your opinions on the new batch that is made overseas?

Top Bottom