• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Chicago fans.........where's Walt Parazaider?

major-minor

Noticed they've been using a different sax player lately. Anyone know what's going on with Parazaider?

Wonder if he'll be at the HOF show tonight?

scienceguy

Gold Supporting Member
I've been wondering the same thing. Ray Herrmann has subbed for Parazaider off and on for at least 5 years, but I can't find anything about why. Pankow and Loughnane have also had subs from time to time but not as often as Parazaider, it seems. Unless he's on his deathbed (heaven forbid) I'd expect him to make it to the HOF show, if for nothing else than to take a turn at the mic for acknowledgements. Seraphine will be there for a song or two, but don't expect Cetera.

major-minor

I've been wondering the same thing. Ray Herrmann has subbed for Parazaider off and on for at least 5 years, but I can't find anything about why. Pankow and Loughnane have also had subs from time to time but not as often as Parazaider, it seems. Unless he's on his deathbed (heaven forbid) I'd expect him to make it to the HOF show, if for nothing else than to take a turn at the mic for acknowledgements. Seraphine will be there for a song or two, but don't expect Cetera.
Yeah, hope he's not sick. Too bad about Cetera. That would have been fun for us old fans. Egos!!!:mad::mad::mad:

DrumBob

Platinum Supporting Member
Danny's going to be there? Well, smack me silly. I talked to Danny several years ago, and he was still bitter about being fired fifteen years before. I guess things changed.

scienceguy

Gold Supporting Member
Danny's going to be there? Well, smack me silly. I talked to Danny several years ago, and he was still bitter about being fired fifteen years before. I guess things changed.
According to Bobby Lamm, Danny will play on one song. (25 or 6 to 4, maybe? That would be cool since Danny recorded 2 drum tracks (panned hard L and R) on the original recording.)

scienceguy

Gold Supporting Member
Still off-topic but trying to bring it back: RRHOF update - Rob Thomas introduction, Saturday in the Park, Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is, and 25 or 6 to 4. Seraphine played on the first tune, Tris Imboden the second, and they both played drums on the last. Saying thanks were Walt Parazaider, Jimmy Pankow, Bobby Lamm, Danny Seraphine, Lee Loughnane, and Michelle Kath (Terry's daughter).

Oh... and no Pete Cetera.

Last edited:

VanWhelan

I just recently fond out that Pankows brother is Ira from "Mad About You."

Yeah, that's one that I didn't realize for a long time, either. Can't believe I never made that connection before. There's no denying that they're brothers.

Still off-topic but trying to bring it back: RRHOF update - Rob Thomas introduction, Saturday in the Park, Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is, and 25 or 6 to 4. Seraphine played on the first tune, Tris Imboden the second, and they both played drums on the last. Saying thanks were Walt Parazaider, Jimmy Pankow, Bobby Lamm, Danny Seraphine, Lee Loughnane, and Michelle Kath (Terry's daughter).

Oh... and no Pete Cetera.
That's really too sad that Peter Cetera declined to participate, even just to be there to accept the award & join his former bandmates for the induction. I read a few different stories on it, but can't say for certain what the real heart of the matter was. I know that the band made a few attempts to work it out with PC, so it wasn't for lack of trying.

I first saw Chicago back in '79 (year after Terry Kath died). I had always hoped for Cetera to reunite with his old band (even if for a one-time event like this), but unfortunately it doesn't look like it's meant to be. Too bad, really, since (aside from Terry Kath), all of the other original members are still alive. I would've thought that Danny Seraphine being there would've lured Cetera in to be part of it.

I really think that Cetera will regret his decision someday - here was an opportunity to be part of a great night with some old friends and he decided to sit it out. Of course, the fans are the ones who really lose in the end.

MKB

Gold Supporting Member
It really is too bad about Cetera; wonder what has ticked him off so much? Apparently in the Behind The Music bio on Chicago, Cetera would not allow the Chicago songs he wrote to even be played in the episode, or his image/singing used (it was something like that at least). That's some bitter dregs right there.

Connie Allen

I am a big Chicago fan from the beginning. And it hurts me not to see Walt. Just heard about his heart issue. I pray it is not too serious. All the substitutions in the world can't replace the original. I wish him a speedy recovery. Hope to see him on the road next year.
Chicago Fan From Arkansas
Connie Allen

Trending Topics