• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Chicago Music Exchange

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
Just got a '63 Kessel from them and it was setup to perfection with Thomastik JS112 strings.

Chicago Music Exchange did a great job packing and setting up the guitar. What a refreshing change from the last archtop I ordered which arrived setup with .010 strings adjusted so low that the previous owner must have been playing ragas on it.

They are a class act and worked with me every step of the way including an initial scare when the shockwatch indicator had not only indicated a high impact but was broken by UPS (likely with someone tampering with it to try to reset it)

budglo58

Silver Supporting Member
I bought a CS Fender from them a few months ago. Great transaction and the guitar was setup great. The don't waiver much on price , but you get what you pay for. Very happy customer.

theanalogdream

Silver Supporting Member
I've only bought a cymbal from them (istanbul), but they were VERY helpful. They we're a tad flexible on the price, and it was packed very well.
I find some of their stuff a bit pricey, but they definitely are one of the best stores who are doing A LOT of things right, right now.

guitarlifestyle

I like guitars.
Gold Supporting Member
I bought a CS Fender from them a few months ago. Great transaction and the guitar was setup great. The don't waiver much on price , but you get what you pay for. Very happy customer.
Everything I've ever purchased from them was lower than their asking price, sometimes 20% lower. I've been very pleased with my CME experiences.

ieso

I used to shop with Sweetwater but the last few (all bad or horrible) experiences with them led me to try out CME and everything's been good with them.

Reactions: C-4

Raymond Lin

Great store, shame its the other side of the world !

Only ever dealt with them via online chat and mail order.

Cream

Never dealt with them but judging by their demos they seem like folks who really get the craft.

Fuimus Troes

Great store. Been there several times. The guys in the vids are as cool in person as they are in the demos.

Just a short ride away is another great store, too -- the Music Gallery in Highland Park, IL. Just bought a 335 from them and spent the entire afternoon just talking with the owner and a couple of employees. GREAT people, great place, and the only store where I've seen a Bloomfield LP, a One Brother to Another SG, and an aged Joe Walsh LP all right next to each other. Leave the wallet at home...

Schpyder

Bought from CME both in person and online, absolutely flawless service in both cases, and the packing job and setup on the guitar I ordered online were both the best I've seen.

The people there are cool as hell gear nerds, and the showroom is absolutely one of the most incredible places I've ever been.

Trending Topics