Choose choose choose (Fender Content)

Which amp should I get?

• Fender Deluxe Reverb

• Fender Hot Rod Deville

• Fender Vibrolux

• Fender Super Reverb

Results are only viewable after voting.

thesooze

Help me choose a back up amp to my Heritage Briton.

Considering these amps:

Fender Deluxe Reverb
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Fender Vibrolux
Fender Super Reverb

Thanks!

doctorx

I would buy an AB165 Bassman head, mod it to AA864 specs, and run it through a 1x12 or 2x12 cab.

RDM

No love for the Bassman LTD? You're missing out by not considering it.

thesooze

They all sound very similar to me. Loud. Clean.

Was asking for help with some of the viner points, things I might not realize... nuances, changes in the lines, tubes, speakers, etc.

Thanks for all the votes so far.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
You didn't say if this was original amps or reissues and what kind of music or size of venue. Fender amps sound best just before they break up IMHO, so the size of amp depends on what you're going to do with it. That said:
1. The Super is the loudest, cleanest and hardest hitting. It is also the bulkiest. It's a bit big for most modern venues.
2. The two new style amps have great Fendery clean channels, but most people don't use the onboard distortion, so the extra circuitry isn't much help. they are cheaper used, though.
3. I like the Vibrolux Reverb (original, SF version) best as a compromise-not too loud for a smaller bar and not too quiet to keep up with a hard hitting drummer outside (like the Deluxe Reverb is).

thesooze

This is really TIGHT...

I expected there to be a sure winner (and there is for sure a clear LOSER--- that being the Deville...) but it seems almost split three ways between the Deluxe, the Super, and the Vibrolux.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom