Choose your tubescreamer.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ed84246, Jan 4, 2008.

1. ed84246

ed84246 Member

How would you compare the TS 808 reissue with an MJM blues devil and G2D cream tone? I have the TS 808 but was considering either the MJM or the G2D now. Thanks.

2. nlopez

nlopez Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

You're joking right?!

3. ed84246

ed84246 Member

Why would I be joking? I have a TS 808 reissue. The sound is cool to me but I'm considering other options I've heard about. If you can be constructive and give me some feedback on these pedals because you've played them, that's great and I'd appreciate it. If not, is there anyone else who might be able to actually help me out here as I kind of thought that was one of the purposes of the Gear Page.

4. XKnight

XKnight Member

I've only tried a TS 808 in GC so that probably didn't give me the best perspective, but I know I like my MJM Blues Devil better. It seems have more drive available then the 808 and just sounds great.

5. Scott Auld

Scott Auld Staff Member

6. gregory49

gregory49 Member

i hated the 808 reissue. sorry guys... i love the LDO though and the regular old ts9.

fulldrive II in FM mode is great as well. nothing beats the LDO though.

7. nlopez

nlopez Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Because I thought this was another TS de jour thread. Good luck hope you get some feedback.

8. minjason

minjason Member

+1 on the LDO. It really is the best ts-type pedal I've played. I did just get a Tone Freak Abunai 2 a few days ago, and believe it or not, it's really giving the LDO a run for its money...

9. ed84246

ed84246 Member

Okayyyy...anyone besides that one guy have any experience with the actual pedals I mentioned though...G2D, MJM- anyone...anyone..

10. PedalFreak

PedalFreak Supporting Member

Are you looking to add to the 808 or replace it? I haven't tried it personally, although I want to, the G2D is suppose to sound real good, & I've heard it fits nice with a TS.

On another note, I'd send your 808 to Keeley and get the Mod Plus done. Wouldn't believe how good your 808 will sound when you get it back.