• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Chord Book

Aj_rocker

Hey

Would you buy a chord book based on jazzy four note chords and how to use them in chord licks??? simple yes or no is fine.

Kappy

Probably not. (Depends on the author and how thorough it is, and what "jazzy" -- an often misused term -- means in this context, though.) Competing against Ted Greene, George Van Eps, Mick Goodrick, Mickey Baker? Not an enviable position to be in (unless you're a maniac). YMMV.

Sorry for more than yes or no.

JSeth

yes... is the simple answer...

I got a lot from Mickey Baker's Book I and would check out another!

guitarjazz

Silver Supporting Member
I saw a recent Robben Ford interview where they asked him where he learned all those cool chords and he said "The Mickey Baker book"! There is a video of Baker playing with Coleman Hawkins that is interesting. He wasn't,at the time, a great jazz player but he was a killer bluesy rocker.
In regards to Ted Greene, I always found his Modern Chord Progressions far more useful than Chord Chem because it shows you how he moved from chord to chord. There is single page Ted sheet called Systematic Inversions that is basically Chord Chem on a postage stamp...he make you figure it out!

Trending Topics