Chorus AND Flanger... Let's hear some 80s silliness!

Junta

Canadian winter :rolleyes2:... Bored... So I put some of the ideas you guys gave me in the last few days to work (chorus into flanger, vice versa blah blah, etc...). As per usual, I like the 'under 2 minutes short format.' ;)

You have some recorded 80s inspired silliness? Post it! Cannot be worse than my sweet-nothing amateur BS... :bonk Including tambourine, hand claps and everything...

All guitar and bass parts played by this beginner, drums come from the computer. I could not be bothered to even double-track, never mind quadruple... So what we have here is:

Humbucker guitar into (stereo):
  1. EVH 5150 III 50w EL34 - blue channel with tons of sag...
  2. Mesa V:25 - Crunch channel with tons of gain
Pedals :

In front of the two amps:
  1. Catalinbread NagaViper on two of the guitar tracks
All stereo in/out effects loop board (using Empress Stereo Buffer Plus):
  1. TC Electronic Mimiq
  2. Boss DC-2W
  3. Earthquaker Pyramids
  4. Catalinbread Talisman
  5. Catalinbread Talisman (that's right, until they release a stereo version, I use two, set up differently to increase spread)

Yeah, Chorus into Flanger all day! This brings back a lot of 80s memories for me...

Note to self: DO BUY the Neunaber Inspire Tri-Chorus Plus as soon as possible!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Junta

Yeah, a double sided chorus / flange pedal with switchable order!

I would be in!

Beto

Silver Supporting Member
I don't know what they used together with flanger in the intro of this song, but I can get closer to this tone when I add a chorus pedal to the flanger:

I also strongly believe (and I think that I have read something about that) that Alex Lifeson has used both effects in Permanents Waves.

dirtytony

Canadian winter :rolleyes2:... Bored... So I put some of the ideas you guys gave me in the last few days to work (chorus into flanger, vice versa blah blah, etc...). As per usual, I like the 'under 2 minutes short format.' ;)

You have some recorded 80s inspired silliness? Post it! Cannot be worse than my sweet-nothing amateur BS... :bonk Including tambourine, hand claps and everything...

All guitar and bass parts played by this beginner, drums come from the computer. I could not be bothered to even double-track, never mind quadruple... So what we have here is:

Humbucker guitar into (stereo):
  1. EVH 5150 III 50w EL34 - blue channel with tons of sag...
  2. Mesa V:25 - Crunch channel with tons of gain
Pedals :

In front of the two amps:
  1. Catalinbread NagaViper on two of the guitar tracks
All stereo in/out effects loop board (using Empress Stereo Buffer Plus):
  1. TC Electronic Mimiq
  2. Boss DC-2W
  3. Earthquaker Pyramids
  4. Catalinbread Talisman
  5. Catalinbread Talisman (that's right, until they release a stereo version, I use two, set up differently to increase spread)

Yeah, Chorus into Flanger all day! This brings back a lot of 80s memories for me...

Note to self: DO BUY the Neunaber Inspire Tri-Chorus Plus as soon as possible!

Cheers!
great sounds !!! thanks for sharing, love the 80s

Junta

This was my attempt at some extreme modulation :rolleyes:
haha, I had seen this on your channel before.... proper 80s madness!

At 4:00 the arpeggio sequence is instant 80s soundtrack. Starring, ideally, John Cusack...

I thought the three amps sounded better (left/centre/right) without the Roland Dimension rack unit.

As much as I love the combo though, I would definitely low pass filter if I am recording - the potent combo becomes too shrill... Too much of a good thing.

Love your videos, and our taste in pedals is sooo damn similar!

Cheers!

Junta

I don't know what they used together with flanger in the intro of this song, but I can get closer to this tone when I add a chorus pedal to the flanger:

I also strongly believe (and I think that I have read something about that) that Alex Lifeson has used both effects in Permanents Waves.
darn, the video seems to be unavailable.

haha, I had seen this on your channel before.... proper 80s madness!

At 4:00 the arpeggio sequence is instant 80s soundtrack. Starring, ideally, John Cusack...

I thought the three amps sounded better (left/centre/right) without the Roland Dimension rack unit.

As much as I love the combo though, I would definitely low pass filter if I am recording - the potent combo becomes too shrill... Too much of a good thing.

Love your videos, and our taste in pedals is sooo damn similar!

Cheers!
Ah cheers mate :) Yeah, it got pretty shimmery eh? :p Might have to try that setup on a song one day...just for 'laffs :p

Trending Topics