Chorus and Reverb pedal that works WELL in front of an amp

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by nsriley, Jan 13, 2008.

1. nsriley

nsriley Member

I'm looking for a great reverb pedal and chorus pedal that will work well in front of my amps both running clean or distorted....distortion from amp, not pedals. I have no effects loops. Tall order I know. Suggestions?

2. Mantis

Mantis Member

I recently got a DLS Ultra Chorus II.... I tried a millions Chorus'......with out a doubt this is the best sounding one. Completely transparent.. no distortion when directly into amp. It has to switches for changing between 2 chorus rates. Also has internal trim pots to change the output volume level and input gain settings. This thing is awesome.... highly recommended.

3. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

Unless you play zombie ambient wall of noise music, I wouldn't reccommend using reverb in front of your amps OD.
    If you do play zombie ambient wall of noise music then go ahead.....

4. nsriley

nsriley Member

Well I've used them in the past. As long as you don't turn it's level high it can work.....I'm just looking for some good reverb pedal and chorus pedal ideas. I've used a verbzilla with good results......chorus' not so much. That DLS is interesting. :p

5. JLee

JLee Member

The Van Amps Reverbamate or Solemate will work in front of an overdriven amp. I've used it with a Tiny Terror set to medium gain.

6. nsriley

nsriley Member

Thanks for the idea. :)