chorus pedal discussion - affordable and awesome

astroboy23

Hi i currently own Joyo analog chorus

I want to get a new chorus, after researching, most of people say the best chorus is analogman. but i thinks it is too expensive for me on chorus pedal.

I'm currently looking at Arion SCH-1 where I can get it for $100 (im in Australia)

or probably BOSS CE2

the thing is, in my local store there is nor BOSS ce2 anymore, only CE5 ($139) and super chorus

or MXR Black Label/Analog Chorus box ($135)

help please :rimshot

Speeddemon

As an owner of 2 vintage CE-2's (both long-dash, black label MIJ, and 1 of them silver screw) and many others and having owned (and stupidly sold) the MXR Analog Chorus, I can heartily recommend the MXR. :idea

Serenity

I had the MXR Black Label Chorus. Only sold it because i don't really use Chorus, but it was fantastic, and if i ever need a chorus pedal again i will definitely buy MXR. There's no need to go paying boutique prices when this one is so good.

gatordoc

If you are willing to buy used, then a lot more chorus pedals become afforadable. I picked up a mint used Mad Professor Electric Blue chorus for $120, a nice MIJ CE-2 for $69.00. I bought a new standard Analogman w/ the toggle but I've seen used Analogman chorus pedals on ebay go for much less than new, espcially the standard chorus (Bi-Chorus pedals will obviously run a bit more).

stinkfoot

Affordable and (at least close to) awesome chorus in the CE-2 vein? I nominate the Mooer Ensemble King.

guitkrazy

While I can't say I have any experience with the MXR I do own the boss and it is a great chorus, but I have a couple of other inexpensive alternatives including the Hardwire and currently on my board the TCE Corona I really like the flexability of the Corona. Also, haven't tried the Mooer Chorus, but I did pick up the Mooer Acoustikar and am really impressed with the capabilities! Good Luck on your quest!

jurfin

the MXR is awesome. and cheap. i sold my black label to fund an expensive boutique deal - and sold that to buy another black label : )

also - i just recently discovered that if you put a dummy plug in to the 2nd output (through) it becomes a full blown vibrato with volume and EQ controls. it sounds so awesome like this!

i could not ask for anything more from a chorus pedal.

also - FWIW - i stripped the silly bullseye off of the enclosure and it now looks great. now its just a brushed aluminum enclosure with a black outline, the mxr logo, and the knob labels. its a win!

twp

Likes guitars; loves music...
Platinum Supporting Member
I got I try that dummy plug trick to yet the vibrato effect. I wonder if there's any way to make that effect switchable without physically pulling the plug in/out? My mxr analog chorus is mounted such that this through switch isn't readily accessible.

6Tones

The Biyang Ch 7 is a great analog chorus for the price
My fave has always been the Arion Sch 1
Digitech Hardwire chorus is a good versatile chorus though digital

Tried the Mooer,its good but weak /not lush for my tastes.
The Dano is a good one as well but mine wasnt reliable.

THiwaTT

I just saw an Analogman chorus in one of the local shops here for $150 - so there are definitely deals to be found used

the MXR chorus looks like a good value as well - I have never used a chorus pedal, so I cannot comment on the sound of either unit, but I know both seem to get a lot of love around here

longgonedaddy

I got I try that dummy plug trick to yet the vibrato effect. I wonder if there's any way to make that effect switchable without physically pulling the plug in/out? My mxr analog chorus is mounted such that this through switch isn't readily accessible.

There's a pretty easy mod that can do this. Requires adding a couple of wires to the jack and a switch. When the switch is off, the pedal responds as if the jack is empty, when switched on, the connection is made on the jack just like if it had a plug in it. Pretty simple mod, and probably very easily found on the interwebz.

mtperry85

Fender recently came out with an affordable line of pedals ( the Competition Series) for $80 each. I received the Chorus pedal as a free promotion with the purchase of a Fender amp. Using Chorus always takes me straight back to the 80's, so I sold it, but it does what its supposed to do.

Johnny2013

Honestly i still use an old dod from the 80s I bought when I was twelve and i like it. They sell on ebay for like 30 bucks. It made no difference to the sound coming out of my cheap used Fame amp I had...but sounds nice with my current amps

Trending Topics