Chorus Pedal Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jet Bycraft, May 6, 2008.

1. Jet Bycraft

Jet Bycraft Member

I am looking for a chorus pedal that is very transparent. I don’t want the unit to change my original tone (clean or distorted). I want my tone to remain the same, whether the chorus unit is switched on, or off. All I want is my original tone with chorus added. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated regarding which chorus pedal would be the best unit for my needs.

Thank you in advance,

Jet

2. astainback

astainback Member

Seriously, find somebody that has a CE-20 and try it out. Go to the local GC and see if they have one and try it.
    People don't talk about it a lot on here because it isn't boutique and expensive, but it is really nice. I love mine. If the price all of the sudden shot up to 300 and you couldn't get them in stores, people on here would be going bananas over it!!

3. sroyboyk

sroyboyk Member

Redwitch empress chorus, DONE.

4. Jet Bycraft

Jet Bycraft Member

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

5. Birddog

Birddog Member

Believe it or not, I'm very happy with my Boss CH-1.

6. Goofball

Goofball Member

i'm in the same boat but after listening to 8 million clips, i'm going to go Analogman.

The Red Witch was VERY appealing though!

7. Ang3lus

Ang3lus Member

i bought the Visual sound LIquid chorus.

It has a nice mellow tone and can be dialed to be very dialogish (which can be appealing at times) and also has a nice subtle phasing sound

8. lowmantotempole

lowmantotempole Supporting Member

Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus is really nice AND simple. But my favorite is the Retro-Sonic Stereo Chorus.

9. dancehall

dancehall Member

are you planning to post this in every chorus thread?

10. LouRossi

LouRossi Member

I'm really digging the EHX Stereo Mistress.

11. popsongsmith

popsongsmith Senior Member

I just got a DLS Ultra Chorus II, and it's fantastic. I posted a mini review last week, but the gist of it is that I've been through a pile of solid chorus pedals, and the DLS is at the top of the list for versatility and tone. the DLS chorus/vibe is basically the same, with one channel instead of two. One thing the DLS is great at is preserving the original tone. it has a blend knob that mixes the modulated signal back in with your original guitar tone. when the knob is fully counter-clockwise, it is completely off.

12. gururyan

gururyan Member

[​IMG]

Go check one out if you can.

13. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

So you want an effect that doesn't have any effect?

14. Jet Bycraft

Jet Bycraft Member

Thank you all for your input on this subject. Please feel free to make more suggestions.

15. Datsyuk

Datsyuk Member

I had the same experience, went with the Analogman and I'm now very pleased! If you go Analogman you have to get the "depth" switch which allows for a ton of additional tones all of which are useful. The stereo option is also really quite cool. It's funny you mentioned listening to 8 million clips because I did the same and kept coming back to the Analogman. Enjoy :YinYang

16. Datsyuk

Datsyuk Member

Sorry, Dancehall but this kind of response is the very reason that more and more people are being disheartened at the TGP. Seriously, how can anyone win? If Sroyboyk posts a different answer in every chorus thread, would that put you more at ease? A question is asked, a consise answer is provided and it ends up being the source of discontent for you. Here's an idea; don't worry about it. If redundancy in TGP threads is going to cause upsets for people then perhaps it can be suggested that responding to them all with angst is pretty much a giant waste of your time and energy. Please spare us the negativity.

17. dancehall

dancehall Member

chill out homes, I just thought it was funny that he posted EXACTLY the same thing. You're the one sounding angsty to me.

18. popsongsmith

popsongsmith Senior Member

+1. remember, there are two kinds of people here on TGP...those with no sense of humor, and those who wish they were Robben Ford--with no sense of humor:banana

19. Datsyuk

Datsyuk Member

+1. remember, there are two kinds of people here on TGP...those with no sense of humor, and those who wish they were Robben Ford--with no sense of humor

You know what, after further review you're right, this is pretty damn funny. I think Michael Richards aka Kramer is looking for writer's to come up with hilarious material that can top his last gig. You did get me on the Robben Ford part though. All in good fun though, homes'.

20. scottywompas

scottywompas Member