Chorus Reccomendations for 80's metal

Koa-Dogg

Silver Supporting Member
Can someone point me in the direction of a good chorus pedal for 80's (Think HAIR!) metal. Something that would work great with a dirty amp and also with clean tones.

Thanks,
Scott

blood5150

i bet most of those guys used a boss ce-2 (think roland jazz chorus)...

I had a small clone... i think it is too warm for hair metal....

-DC/AC-

I had a small clone... i think it is too warm for hair metal....
Nah, the CE-2 is too vintagey, try some digital ones like Boss, or old Arions, they are from the 80's and should give that hair metal chorus.

dave s

agree with the Boss recommendation. You don't need anything more than a slow/medium speed and a pretty shallow chorus FX to get that 80s sound.

For a long while, I used a $70 CH-1. Very basic, but definitely copped the 80s hair metal sound convincingly. Then I found this place and dropped about $230 on a retrosonic chorus ensemble! :NUTS

Save the money and just buy a Boss! It's really all you'll need.

dave

Simpy

Ibanez CS9. This pedal was born in the '80s, so it should cover that Cinderella/Brittney Fox stuff. Somebody put some soundclips up a few days ago, it'll do all the hair band stuff with hi-gain.

iggs

80's? Metal?

BOSS!!!

There's a nice cheese-ball quality to that BOSS sound ... and I do mean that in the best way possible!

-analog-

Wow
no love for the MeisterSinger from Jacques..
MeisterSinger.gif

www.ts808.com :)

Great box. Nice samples on
http://www.jacquesstompboxes.com/meistersinger.htm

Alex Law

Nah, the CE-2 is too vintagey, try some digital ones like Boss, or old Arions, they are from the 80's and should give that hair metal chorus.

Hardly "too vintagely" - Boss didn't switch to digital until 2001.

The CE-2 will get you there.

jaywalker

yes WE did indeed!!!!

Still got one in fact.

I dug it out last month for a hair-rock Xmas party for microsoft.....didn't realise how much I'd missed it (and hair music to for that matter....)

Shredtrash

Gold Supporting Member
TC Electronic Chorus+PM and Flanger pedal works well. Mine sounds great and it is true bypass.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom