Chris Duarte

gtrplyr1

One of my favorites. The man never fails to give it all away. Very much like Rory Gallagher used to perform.

twoheadedboy

Love Chris's playing, and I really admire his commitment to it. Hard to make a living doing what he does these days.

hillie16

I saw him forever ago opening for Satch, (at Metropol for you Pittsburgh guys, shows how long ago). Awesome!!! I was right near one of the mains, and I couldn't hear out of my ear on that side for a day and a half after LOL.

Bobby D

I love Chris - he is inspirational and has come a long way. I helped work his first record for Silvertone/BMG. he is a great player...

Hand of Doom

That's my buddy's girlfriend on bass, Amanda. I need to check him out now that he's back in town.
She was good, got lost once during the chorus of one of his songs but she is solid on blues and country playing. She reminded me of a young Stevie Nicks as far as looks.

telephone

Silver Supporting Member
Chris opened up for my band in '93 or there abouts. Should have been the other way around, but they had a long haul after the gig. I heard him warming up and thought to myself "oh ****". Never the less, hearing him helped me to bring my A game that night. He still schooled us all. Great night.

loudboy

Chris opened up for my band in '93 or there abouts. Should have been the other way around, but they had a long haul after the gig. I heard him warming up and thought to myself "oh ****". Never the less, hearing him helped me to bring my A game that night. He still schooled us all. Great night.
My buddy who played in Head East felt the same way when Eric Johnson opened for him...

kkregsg

Gold Supporting Member
My buddy who played in Head East felt the same way when Eric Johnson opened for him...
I'm a big Head East fan. Flat As A Pancake was one of the first albums I replaced with CD when I made the switch. A good album all the way through.

AA864

I've seen Chris a bunch of times. He's a great talent. I saw him at a bar once and he played for about 4.5 hrs straight. I was about to collapse but I figured if he could do that who am I to not hang in there with him.

deluxeman

I saw him at Buddy Guy's back in 93/94? some where around there. He was a good player, but what he was doing has been done to death. He is a great talent that sounds too much like people who have come before him.

franksguitar

I know Chris when he lived in GA, toured with a couple friends. I recorded a live CD of him years back. He recently moved back to Austin.

Trending Topics