Chuck D'Aloia EDU Material- half price. $25

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by cdaloia, Dec 10, 2013.

1. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Thanks for the great feedback Bob. I have been wondering. 10 hrs of material for this price is a steal... I thought...people aren't responding and I thought maybe because there is SO much free stuff out there you know? I am quite sure there's nothing out there that compares to this package in value but you never know what people are thinking so I thought I would ask.

BTW, these downloads work perfectly on a mac, not sure what you mean by the "non PC" version. The files are standard m4v vid files like you get from iTunes. I've never heard it described as a mac version or a PC version. HighTail is my delivery system and they are fantastic. The few problems that I've ever had over the years have been w/ PC's on the user end.

Thanks again, I do appreciate this response.

Chuck

PS: Your quote is eloquent! ; )

Chuck

bobmc likes this.
  2. bobmc

bobmc Supporting Member

Chuck,

So sorry!!! By non PC I was trying to be funny: NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT (no swearing).

Absolutely no tech issues with your product!!!

3. reentune

reentune Supporting Member

Are you kidding?! No fuqn way!
    The bargain of the century.
    Make it more expensive for TGP. We only buy overpriced stuff!
    Make it $50 when selling it to educational institutions.

4. bobmc

bobmc Supporting Member

Wonder what would happen if you listed on Craigslist? It's a virtual product so I guess there's nothing stopping you from posting on every list literally everywhere.
    From what I can tell there are pretty much no rules (or none enforced anyway).

5. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Never thought of that Bob.
    Thanks bud, appreciated.

Chuck

6. bobmc

bobmc Supporting Member

Chuck

I actually meant to tell you yesterday that I read the 'forbidden list' for Craigslist posts and IMHO, it looks like you are good to go. You may need to steel your nerves and install some high tech a$$hole filters, but get a big cup of coffee and post your ad on every English speaking site in the world.

Bob

7. Neanderthal Head

Neanderthal Head Supporting Member

Just want to add my 2 cents to this thread.

Ordered BwB, and really enjoying Chuck's method and style. I've been a subscriber to Truefire in the past, which is very high quality, imo. Chuck's thing is different but no less informative than the best of TF's stuff. The vibe is laid back, and the material is excellent. I've learned a lot just from just the first lesson.

At these prices, too, you can't go wrong. Help support a fellow musician and buy these lessons! You won't be sorry.

8. will132

will132 Member

Purchase bump.
    Looking forward to spending the holiday vacation digging into these.

9. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Hello everyone,

First of all I want to thank everyone who has supported my efforts. It's deeply appreciated!

Blues With Brains was the title of my first lesson. I didn't have a name and just tossed it out there. People were interested in that lesson so I stuck with the name but don't feel it fully describes what this this material has turned into over the years. There are blues progressions in roughly 1/2 of the 10+ hrs of material but it's not a blues instructional series. It's much more than that. To clarify, the goal is to be soulful and to understand the territory at the same time. You can have both of these things, the best players
    Let's just call this stuff..Chuck D'Aloia EDU Material.. If you look at the list in the OP or on my website you will see that there's a whole lot more in this package than the blues based material. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE blues guitar and have my own approach to it as a player. All styles of music benefit from a good understanding of the blues. It's the root of the tree. In this package the blues progressions are simply common ground, a way to introduce new ideas that can be used in any playing situation. Don't be fooled by the title although there's a lot of help for blues players who want to stretch out. There is nothing out there like this set of lessons. I think it should be required material for every guitar player who wants to learn more about harmony and improvising. In the context of a blues progression it makes things easier since we all know those various sets of chord changes.

This stuff is not about showing you how to play like BB or any of the Kings, SRV or any of the traditional blues greats or about licks. It's more of a guide to expand your harmonic pallet and to learn more about improvising. Being musical and finding your thing. By using the various blues progressions as a template you can get right to the heart of the ideas and concepts presented. I've come up with some short cuts after learning in a traditional way and I can save you plenty of time getting to new harmonic areas. There are also plenty of fundamental musical ideas that have been around and worked forever.

This material can get your foot in the door quickly to altered, diminished and sym-aug ideas that often feel like a math puzzle or an academic exercise. Using pentatonic ideas that you already know, you will be using altered ideas in the very 1st lesson simply by changing one note of a min pent scale. As you move on you can add a triad to that and another min pent scale from a different root and you have the complete alt scale sound in a guit friendly way using lines that you already play. That's a typical way that I approach these sounds. No professor hat is needed.

I find that many people simply don't have the time as life moves on so I provide both easy shortcuts as well as complete chord/ scale approach's for those who have the time and are interested. It took many years to internalize these ideas the way I was taught so I could immediately access them on the guitar. After years of playing I was able to simplify many of these approach's and present them in a guitar friendly way.
    (for ex) using pentatonics and triads. Our hands already know this stuff so it's simply a matter of application. Using them in a different way than you are used to. It's easy.

After having shoulder problems I started making these vids to keep a roof over my head and as a way to help players break out into new areas at an insanely low price. My friends think I have lost my marbles but as a full time player of 40 years I know how hard it can be, especially if you're a hard head like me. We got paid $50 a night in 76 but now you may have to play for the door. I want everyone to have access to this information.

In the virtual world you can search you tube for free stuff, there's tons of it. Or you can join the people that have decided to take this ride with me. You can waste hours searching the net for something of value when you could and should be practicing and also playing with other musicians...preferably in front of people... in real time.

I think this material is self explanatory but I'm here via Skype if you should ever need help. I always tell people to write down any questions so if you ever decide to have a Skype lesson that you get your money's worth. Along with keeping a roof over my head which has become increasingly difficult, my idea was ALWAYS to use my experience to help players who are interested in expanding their horizons with these lessons. I knew I was going to be a musician at a very young age. No one could tell me different but I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I can tell you now that it's best to know what you're doing to have a life playing the guitar for a living. The more you know, the more gigs are available. The school of thought that if you learn about music it will take away your creativity is nonsense and fear based. Trust me, if you are a creative person more knowledge will only help you to be more creative.

There's over 10 hrs of material in the CD-EDU package from someone who has been gigging and teaching for 40 years. This stuff is legit and only $50. Visit my website to purchase and support the efforts of someone who is truly in your corner. Everyone should have a chance to learn more about music.

See you on the screen,

CD

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  10. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

I've forgotten to mention. There's been a new lesson added to this package.

Using the alt and dim scales to get to the IV chord.

In this lesson we're using pent shortcuts and triads to get "that sound"

Chuck

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  11. redfin

redfin Member

Quick bump.

Chuck - bought your pack a while back and have been revisiting it lately. I think it will take me years to consume it all, which is all part of the fun. Much better than most of the "free" stuff out there. I for one are more than happy to pay people for their efforts - I hope that many more have the same view and that you don't have to struggle to pay the rent.

12. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Me too! Appreciated my friend, thanks for the support!

Chuck

13. RLD

RLD Member

@cdaloia
    Just bought the package!
    Love your playing and now I get to pick your brain...I'll be gentle!
    Feels good to support a fantastic musician and fellow TGP'er. :D

14. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Thanks RLD. Really appreciated.

Chuck

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  15. Scatabrain

Scatabrain Supporting Member

Wow!

This is exactly what I have been looking for. Just purchased. I can't wait to begin.

Thanks for this Chuck!

16. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Thanking you Scatabrain, have fun.

This stuff will keep you busy for a while!

Chuck

Scatabrain likes this.
  17. Skarmajunga

Skarmajunga Member

I'm, in :) just dropped the hammer, need something to focus my attention on.

18. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Links sent Skarmajunga.

This stuff will keep you focused.
    Have fun with it.

Thanks,

Chuck

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  19. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

I'm thinking of editing the longer lessons so they are all in sections and under 20 minutes. Any feedback about this idea? The short lessons seem easier to digest.

Thanks,

Chuck

arnie65 likes this.
  20. Scatabrain

Scatabrain Supporting Member

Yes! Any kind of numbering in the names would also help.