Chuck D'Aloia EDU Material- half price. $25

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by cdaloia, Dec 10, 2013.

1. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Thank you Scatabrain, I tried my best. I may add a few things...need some time away from it. If I do, everyone will get it. Have to post some other vids for new people who don't know about this stuff.

Soon,

Chuck

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  2. Neanderthal Head

Neanderthal Head Supporting Member

Um, no not really - great, great lessons. Thanks for the work and music, Chuck! You are appreciated!

cdaloia and Scatabrain like this.
  3. zwantedone

zwantedone Member

Chuck, I bought your lessons on a flash drive from you. Is the v2 available for that? Thanks, Will

4. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Hi Will,

I could make that work. Just need to buy a flash drive, copy and mail to you.
    Email me at chuckdaloia@yahoo.com with your address and we'll figure it out.

Thanks,

Chuck

5. thetangmang

thetangmang Member

Hey Chuck, quick question: you mentioned splitting these lessons in version 2.0. How big of a file is each lesson? I see file sizes in the website, but can't tell if that is a sum of the mini lessons within each section.

I ask because I am hoping for 200 mb or less for each video file for quick access to lessons anytime, anywhere on my phone.

Either way, I'm excited to support you and to learn from you once some funds clear up!

6. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Hey tangmang,

The biggest individual lesson is 190 mb so I think that works for you if I understand your question.

There are three folders that contain all of the material.
    They come in three emails with links to DL.

1st-1.81 GB
    2nd-1.82 GB
    3rd-1.43 GB

A 4th is included that is all mp3's and much smaller 189 mb

Hope this clears it up!

Chuck

thetangmang likes this.
  7. thetangmang

thetangmang Member

Can't wait to start working through the material, Chuck!

cdaloia likes this.
  8. iowa

iowa Supporting Member

Wow, what an unbelievable value. Just ordered.

cdaloia likes this.
  9. AllenL

AllenL Member

Chuck has dedicated his life to music and made lots of personal sacrifices trying to make an honest living from his craft. We are very fortunate to benefit from his generosity in offering such a wealth of information for so little money. We all need to inform everyone we know about this great wealth of information that embodies the core concepts from Berklee and GIT/Musicians Institute. These lessons are invaluable tools that will help guide the evolving guitarist to new levels of sophistication in playing and self expression. We need to help the man that has given so much to us for so little!

I've had Chuck's lessons for quite a few years now and still discovering new things from them all the time! The short modules are so useful in locating a subject of interest to work on. Thank you so much Chuck!

cdaloia and reentune like this.
  10. Scatabrain

Scatabrain Supporting Member

Ditto. Great resource. There is nothing like it.

cdaloia and reentune like this.
  11. reentune

reentune Supporting Member

A ridiculous deal that just got ridiculouser!
    There are so many folks here who could get a lot more out of this set of lessons than they could a new instrument.
    And the bonus is that it will enable one to have so much more fun with said instrument.
    And it's all easily understandable to even the dullest among us.

cdaloia likes this.
  12. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

This material will be $25 from here on out. Take advantage of this great value.

A whole lot of material is in this EDU package. The layout of the complete package is below the videos.

Here are some examples of the early stuff including the first minor blues lesson.

Something more complex from the later material:

Blues - ( Material from Blues With Brains )

This section explores various blues chord progressions (min and dom7) with Pentatonic scales, Stacking Triads, Developing Ideas, the Mixolydian and Dorian scales, the Half-Whole Diminished scale, Altered scale, Sym Aug scale and more. Designed to find your way out of the box to expand your Blues based vocabulary. These lessons are short, guitar friendly, direct and to the point. Included are play-alongs and charts (with traditional notation and TAB) There are also lessons on turnarounds, using the alt and dim scales to get to the IV chord and a lesson on blues changes that deals strictly with the chord changes of this timeless 12 bar form.

Chord Voicings

This section starts with different looks at triad voicings and diatonic triad voicings. Moving forward this lesson will expand your chord vocabulary with a solid and easily understood horizontal approach to diatonic harmony and a short look at voicings in the melodic minor scale. Also included is a lesson called multi-tasking voicings. TAB and standard notation doc's are included.

Modes of the Major Scale and More

There is usually some confusion when learning this material. A really effective way to learn this stuff is from root to root. Every example starts on A so you have to learn the defining note(s) of each scale/mode. I cover the 7 modes of the major scale, the melodic minor scale, the Lydian b7 scale, the altered scale and the diminished scales. These sounds will cover most harmonic situations. 12 excellent play-along tracks are included.

One Chord Grooves

This material is designed to open doors and present different options when playing over one chord grooves. Using pentatonic scales, triads, substitutions, chord scale relationships and other devices you will be using some of this material on your next gig as well as having new approach's to study. Play-alongs are included.

Assorted Material

1 - I Major - Pentatonic Ideas

2 - I Major - Diatonic Ideas

3 - I Major - Advanced Ideas

4 - II Min7 - Pentatonic Ideas

5 - II Min 7 - Stacking Triads

6 - II Min 7 - Advanced Ideas

7 - Hanon Exercises

8 - 4 + 4 Scale Fingerings

9 - V7 Advanced Ideas

10 - V7 Altered Scale - Complete Scale and Pentatonic Shortcuts

11 - II Min 7 - V7 alt ( Pentatonic Approach )

12 - II Min 7 - V7 alt ( Triad Approach )

13 - II Min 7 - V7 alt - I - V of II ( Pent Approach )

14 - II Min 7 - V7 alt - I - V of II (Triad Approach )

15 - Pedal Tone In the Top Voice

16 - Pedal Tone In the Bass

17 - Harmonics - Open Strings - Fretted Notes

These lessons are designed to expand your vocabulary, work on fundamentals and increase your knowledge of harmony both in your comping and in your soloing. Documents with TAB and standard notation are included.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  13. aiq

aiq Supporting Member

Hook for me was the one-chord grooves, looking forward to digging in.

Great deal, thanks.

cdaloia likes this.
  14. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Thanks aiq, there's plenty of stuff to keep you busy.
    Happy Holidays!

Chuck

15. arnie65

arnie65 Supporting Member

Just found out about a local guy here in Florida who bought Chuck's entire course and is teaching it to his students for $60 an hour. He watches the videos and teaches the material himself! This alone tells what a super great deal this whole curriculum of lessons is for a ridiculous price!

Cheers,
    Arnie...

16. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Thanks Arnie,

That's interesting. Students can simply purchase the material directly from me for much less.

Thanks for the heads up Arnie. What city in Florida?

Chuck

PS: Maybe my check is in the mail... ; )

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    jrkoosh likes this.
  17. jrkoosh

jrkoosh Silver Supporting Member

Done!
    Looking forward to it!

18. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Thanks Jr,

Take your time, there's plenty to keep you busy.

Sincerely appreciate the support,

CD

19. Rythameen

Rythameen Member

Just wanted to say that I ordered Chuck's material about a month ago. This is my first chance to post since coming up for air...the material is that good. I listen to the material at work (makes the day go faster and I feel like I'm doing something good for myself) and then woodshed at night, there is so much good stuff in the material it is astounding. I have courses from a certain company with some famous "teachers" that play 335's or Tele's with Dumbles. When you really get into them, they really just say "here is a solo, copy it". Don't get me wrong, they're great players, and the solos are great, but I felt I was just aping them and not getting any real understanding of their note and scale choices. But Chuck's material has turned on a string of lightbulbs in my head. Even after only a month with Chuck, (and with his relaxed way of teaching it feels personal, kind of like having a really patient and good friend explain things slowly to you) I can go back to those other guys and actually feel I understand what they are doing. Why that company hasn't had Chuck do a series courses is beyond me. But you're in luck, Chuck has his incredible course at an even more incredible price...if you haven't done so yet, just get it it.

TLDR: BUY this course!!

cdaloia likes this.
  20. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Appreciate the feedback Rythameen. For $25 a very good deal here for anyone that wants to expand their vocabulary.

Chuck

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018