Chuck D'Aloia EDU Material- half price.

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by cdaloia, Dec 10, 2013.

1. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Own all of my EDU material for $25!

Formally called "Blues With Brains" (my first lesson) this material has expanded far beyond the blues. Videos are in standard m4v format, same as from iTunes (MPEG-4 Video File) as well as charts with standard notation and TAB.

This package comes with a LOT of material including an hr + of mp3's w/ me demonstrating many of these ideas in a musical context. All lesson material is listed below. A tremendous value!

Chuck D'Aloia EDU Material

A SHORT PLAYLIST of the early stuff starting with the first minor blues lesson:

Something more complex from the later stuff.

Blues

This section explores various blues chord progressions (min and dom7) with Pentatonic scales, Stacking Triads, Developing Ideas, the Mixolydian and Dorian scales, the Half-Whole Diminished scale, Altered scale, Sym Aug scale and more. Designed to find your way out of the box to expand your Blues based vocabulary. These lessons are short, guitar friendly, direct and to the point. Included are play-alongs and charts (with traditional notation and TAB) There are also lessons on turnarounds, using the alt and dim scales to get to the IV chord and a lesson on blues changes that deals strictly with the chord changes of this timeless 12 bar form.

Chord Voicing

This section starts with different looks at triad voicings and diatonic triad voicings. Moving forward this lesson will expand your chord vocabulary with a solid and easily understood horizontal approach to diatonic harmony and a short look at voicings in the melodic minor scale. Also included is a lesson called multi-tasking voicings. TAB and standard notation doc's are included.

Modes of the Major Scale and More

There is usually some confusion when learning this material. A really effective way to learn this stuff is from root to root. Every example starts on A so you have to learn the defining note(s) of each scale/mode. I cover the 7 modes of the major scale, the melodic minor scale, the Lydian b7 scale, the altered scale and the diminished scales. These sounds will cover most harmonic situations. 12 excellent play-along tracks are included.

One Chord Grooves

This material is designed to open doors and present different options when playing over one chord grooves. Using pentatonic scales, triads, substitutions, chord scale relationships and other devices you will be using some of this material on your next gig as well as having new approach's to study. Play-alongs are included.

Assorted Material

1 - I Major - Pentatonic Ideas

2 - I Major - Diatonic Ideas

3 - I Major - Advanced Ideas

4 - II Min7 - Pentatonic Ideas

5 - II Min 7 - Stacking Triads

6 - II Min 7 - Advanced Ideas

7 - Hanon Exercises

8 - 4 + 4 Scale Fingerings

9 - V7 Advanced Ideas

10 - V7 Altered Scale - Complete Scale and Pentatonic Shortcuts

11 - II Min 7 - V7 alt ( Pentatonic Approach )

12 - II Min 7 - V7 alt ( Triad Approach )

13 - II Min 7 - V7 alt - I - V of II ( Pent Approach )

14 - II Min 7 - V7 alt - I - V of II (Triad Approach )

15 - Pedal Tone In the Top Voice

16 - Pedal Tone In the Bass

17 - Harmonics - Open Strings - Fretted Notes

These lessons are designed to expand your vocabulary, work on fundamentals and increase your knowledge of harmony both in your comping and in your soloing. Documents with TAB and standard notation are included.

I'm also available for lessons via SKYPE to follow up on the material if you need any help. $100 for two hrs.

Feedback

"I have lots of instructional material, books and DVDs, and Chuck's lessons are the ones I always go back to."

"There really is SO much in Chuck's material. And presented with a really down to earth and positive energy. Really, really good stuff from a great teacher."

"This package has been the single best investment I have made towards my own study of the guitar! Thanks for everything, Chuck! And not only are you super knowledgeable, but you're one of the most tasteful and interesting players I've ever listened to."

"Chuck is an awesome teacher. Even watching him playing is worth more than the price of the package.
    You want to improve your skill and vocabulary? I'm sure that you shiny pedal can't help. Do yourself a favor, get this course and thank me later."

"If anyone is on the fence about ordering this material, by all means do it NOW! There is a lifetime of study material here that guitarists of all abilities can learn from."

"Everyone listen to me...I'm a classic rock player and a blues player who has always aspired to have better chops and a bigger library of ideas and to be able to expand my playing. Chuck's lessons, and I have everything he has done on video, enabled me to start on this journey last year and go where I want to go for the rest of my playing career."

"I started reading the original post and then I realized it was Chuck freaking Daloia!!!!! I couldn't buy this fast enough! For the price of one lesson, I get ALL THE INFORMATION I've been looking for, from a MASTER!"

"I want to speak up here and say that I am a better guitarist because of Chuck's "Blues With Brains" series.
    He is a great teacher. Makes it all so logical and easy to understand. Thank you Chuck"

"It's a masterful work if there ever was one …!!
    Highly, highly, highly recommended …"

"I am right behind Chuck.
    This series is worth $500 of lessons Easily!
    The stuff you learn from this man will last a lifetime."

"Super stuff, I got it and couldn't be happier.
    $50 is just insanely cheap for the quality and quantity of really useful teaching we get. Chuck teaches how to be MUSICAL, a rare concept these days IMHO of course.
    This material WILL make you a better player, but beware, you can easily spend the next YEARS studying these concepts, they will take you a long way."

"After playing for many years and having taking lessons from some great teachers (including the late Emily Remler), Chuck's material help me to understand many concepts which I didn't initially get years ago. Although his approach is incredibly simple to understand, it is not understated nor washed down. I noticed my playing was improving, after some friends I gig with noticed and asked me; "Man, what are you doing? your playing sounds better every time we get together". If you put in the time, this material will change your playing and understanding of music forever!"

"This is easily the deal of the century! This material is incredibly deep and yet so elegantly simple. Chuck provides the right balance of theory and practical application, which results in improving your guitar playing skills and knowledge quickly!
    I really recommend this material, great stuff! If you are a guitar player stuck in a pentatonic box and want to break out and expand your playing - this is the definitive material!"

"Hit a plateau, classic - country - jam rock, all great for 25 years. Wanted to learn more, like what are Carlton, Ford, Herring, Scofield…doing to get a more sophisticated sound? Let Chuck show you!!!"

"Viewing these lessons is like having a very cool, warm, friendly buddy come to your living room and patiently walk you through ways to grow as a player. Never met Chuck, but if I did, I'd feel like giving him a hug (no I have a beautiful wife). But seriously, unlike some recorded lessons where the instructor is either: a) annoying; b) blows through stuff that never gets explained and then assumes you got it; c) can't actually explain what they are doing; d) uses jargon that you don't know because you didn't go to Berklee and memorize all your modes; or e) has a goofy way of naming things like positions that makes sense only to the instructor, Chuck uses plain English and wants you to understand."

"Wow! So happy I bought this package! I have so much to learn now! Thanks for the great deal and for sharing your knowledge Chuck! That's the best $50 I will ever spend on lessons!"

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  2. V-Picks

V-Picks Member

I want to speak up here and say that I am a better guitarist because of Chuck's "Blues With Brains" series.

He is a great teacher. Makes it all so logical and easy to understand.

Thank you Chuck

Vinni

3. Lucidology

Lucidology Supporting Member

It's a masterful work if there ever was one …!!
    Highly, highly, highly recommended …

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  4. V-Picks

V-Picks Member

I am right behind Chuck.
    This series is worth $500 of lessons Easily!
    The stuff you learn from this man will last a lifetime.

5. boblazz

boblazz Supporting Member

i will speak up here. theres a lot of very useful material here! i will never get through all the ideas presented here but it has changed my playing already. and come on, 50 bucks! thats a steal!
    well chuck, i feel like i ripped you off. thanks for the lessons . great job putting it all together.

6. YOGA64

YOGA64 Supporting Member

Super stuff, I got it and couldn't be happier.
    $50 is just insanely cheap for the quality and quantity of really useful teaching we get.
    Chuck teaches how to be MUSICAL, a rare concept these days IMHO of course.
    This material WILL make you a better player, but beware, you can easily spend the next YEARS studing these concepts, they will take you a long way.

Thanks Chuck, all the best!

7. V-Picks

V-Picks Member

You are absolutely correct!
    Chuck has given me so much info, I will spend the rest of my guitar playing life really learning how to implement it all.

Thanks Chuck

8. arnie65

arnie65 Member

After playing for many years and having taking lessons from some great teachers (including the late Emily Remler), Chuck's material help me to understand many concepts which I didn't initially get years ago. Although his approach is incredibly simple to understand, it is not understated nor washed down. I noticed my playing was improving, after some friends I gig with noticed and asked me; "Man, what are you doing? your playing sounds better every time we get together". If you put in the time, this material will change your playing and understanding of music forever! Some of us paid full price for it years ago, take advantage of this great opportunity now...

Unpaid advertisement...

Cheers,
    Arnie.

9. boblazz

boblazz Supporting Member

just a bump to help a brother out with his hard work offering us up some excellent material.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  10. reentune

reentune Supporting Member

Ditto.
    I jumped on these at $50 when Chuck initially offered them months ago.
    Way better investment than a Bad Monkey OD.
    Thank you, Mr. Daloia!

11. les

les Gold Supporting Member

This is easily the deal of the century! This material is incredibly deep and yet so elegantly simple. Chuck provides the right balance of theory and practical application, which results in improving your guitar playing skills and knowledge quickly!

I really recommend this material, great stuff! If you are a guitar player stuck in a pentatonic box and want to break out and expand your playing - this is the definitive material!

12. 57gold

57gold Silver Supporting Member

I have played for 30+ years, beginning with lessons as a young teenager learning chord forms and major and minor scales. Teacher was not helpful with rock tunes, what I wanted to play, so quit lessons and hung out with older players who for a pack of cigs would show me how to play the newest tunes.

Thought about Berkeley for a minute or two, when the high school music director offered to write me a recommendation as I was the only member of the jazz/stage band that could improvise a solo. But, was sick of being poor and saw that the older guys who I idolized (great players) who tried to live as musicians, had serious trouble making ends meet.

Hit a plateau, classic - country - jam rock, all great for 25 years. Wanted to learn more, like what are Carlton, Ford, Herring, Scofield…doing to get a more sophisticated sound? Let Chuck show you!!!

Viewing these lessons is like having a very cool, warm, friendly buddy come to your living room and patiently walk you through ways to grow as a player. Never met Chuck, but if I did, I'd feel like giving him a hug (no I have a beautiful wife). But seriously, unlike some recorded lessons where the instructor is either: a) annoying; b) blows through stuff that never gets explained and then assumes you got it; c) can't actually explain what they are doing; d) uses jargon that you don't know because you didn't go to Berkeley and memorize all your modes; or e) has a goofy way of naming things like positions that makes sense only to the instructor, Chuck uses plain English and wants you to understand.

Ask Santa…treat yourself. I know there are thousands of players who have plateaued like I did and want to do more with their playing. After Chuck's lessons, you might actually start to understand what the jazz/smart guys that hang in the Playing and Technique Forum here at TGP are talking about!

13. lifeinsong

lifeinsong Member

Hey Chuck, will these downloads work on the iPad? Computer is out of commission right now so the iPad is all I have to work with.

14. L0ki

L0ki Member

I'm in, havent had the chance to download them yet, but they got to me very quickly this morning and I appreciate that!

15. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

From a client "I found out there's an app for the IPAD that let's you play Adobe Flash videos.* It's called "Iswifter," from the apple apps store on the IPAD. * I downloaded it and now I can view your EDU videos!"

CD

PS: If for some reason it doesn't work out I can always resend to your computer when it's back up. I've sent this out to a bunch of people and no one has said that it was a problem.

16. garyrogue

garyrogue Gold Supporting Member

Hi
    These lesson come as downloadabel files, correct? So once I have them on my home computer I could transfer to wife's laptop or to some Ipad/some tablet and maybe Iphone? I don't want to sit were computer is in our house.
    Thanks Gary

17. reentune

reentune Supporting Member

Correct. I put mine in iTunes and watch them on an iPod Touch.

18. Billyzoom1

Billyzoom1 Supporting Member

I just went to your website, and after hearing you play for about 10 seconds on your tele demo I paused it so I could immediately pay my $50.

What a player! And just from watching part of one lesson clip I can tell this is going to be awesome.

Thanks for offering this so reasonably. Very inspiring and can't wait to get started!

Joel

19. newb3fan

newb3fan Member

Bump to the top! Everyone listen to me...I'm a classic rock player and a blues player who has always aspired to have better chops and a bigger library of ideas and to be able to expand my playing. Chuck's lessons, and I have everything he has done on video, enabled me to start on this journey last year and go where I want to go for the rest of my playing career.

If you enjoy the playing of Robben Ford, Larry Carlton, and all the players that they have influenced over the years, do yourself a favor and get this package. You have to work at it, but you will be rewarded when you do.

20. grego7

grego7 has left the building Gold Supporting Member

I've only barely scratched the surface of the lessons and I already notice considerable improvement in my playing. I UNDERSTAND things better because Chuck teaches in a very straightforward way.

Seriously, you will become a better musician and player for the cost of a Bad Monkey pedal. No brainer, just BUY IT!