Chuck D'Aloia EDU Material- half price.

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by cdaloia, Dec 10, 2013.

1. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Thanks Skatabrain. Let me try to help you.

The BWB lessons are labeled pt's I-V.

Other lessons have more than one approach/section For ex: The II mIn 7 is labeled:

Pt I-pentatonic approach
    Pt II-triad approach
    pt III-advanced approach.

Another is I maj:

Pt I-pent approach
    Pt II-diatonic approach
    Pt III-advanced approach

There are others with a similar approach.
    There's a list below
    I would suggest to copy and paste that to a doc.

Thanks,

Chuck

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Scatabrain likes this.
  2. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Here it is Scatabrain, hope this helps. Scroll all of the way down. BTW, where is everyone? This is an amazing value, get it for the price of a single guitar lesson. This material will last some of you many years.

Chuck D'Aloia EDU Material

"Blues With Brains" Pt I:

The material is blues based using pentatonic scales and variations to deal with the chord changes. I touch on the 1/2-1 dim scale as well, approaching it with variations on pentatonic ideas. I also talk about stacking triads to form lines. Throughout the lesson I demo the ideas w/ play along tracks (included) that open doors to get out of the box. The lesson concept's are strong on melodic content and connecting ideas with the aim at expanding blues based vocabulary. 564.4 MB

BWB Pt II:

Picks up where Pt I left off. More blues vocabulary, ideas and concepts as well as expanding the chord progression beyond the typical 3 chords. The complete scales for the I and IV chords are also introduced. 683.1 MB

BWB Pt III:

Takes a peek into the jazz harmony using the blues as a launching off point. The complete scales for all of the changes are introduced and wrap up the first part of the series. 592.4 MB

BWB Pt IV:

This lesson takes it to another level and covers new ground. A minor blues with a bridge that has a different take on the chord changes in the min blues progression and has a bridge with some II-V's. Includes a chart and a play-along track. 433.9 MB

BWB Pt V-Advanced Ideas:

This lesson will give you some unorthodox approach's to dom 7th chords and some unusual twists and turns on your way to the IV chord. TAB and standard notation doc's are included. 267.4 MB

Blues Turnarounds:

We explore different turnarounds starting with stock sounds to more interesting sounds using substitutions and II-V's. 135.3 MB

Using the alt and dim scales to get to the IV chord:

As it reads using pentatonics and triads as shortcuts.

Blues Changes:

Covers the chord progressions and voicing's from the "Blues With Brains" series. (Pt's I-III) There are also new looks at the blues progression at the end of the vid with other voicing's and substitutions. Unlike any of the previous BWB lessons, this deals only with the chords. 466 MB

Other Lessons:

Voicings:

This lesson will expand your chord vocabulary with a solid and easily understood "horizontal approach" to diatonic harmony. It may be an eye opener for some, it was for me. TAB and standard notation doc's are included. 282.4 MB

Modes of the Major Scale and More:

There is usually some confusion learning this material. A really effective way to learn this stuff is from root to root. Every example starts on A so you have to learn the defining note(s) of each scale/mode. I cover the 7 modes of the major scale, the melodic minor scale, the lydian b7 scale, the altered scale and the diminished scale's. These sounds will cover most harmonic situations. 12 play-along tracks are included. 468.1 MB

One Chord Grooves:

This material is designed to open doors and present different options when playing over one chord grooves. Using pentatonic scales, triads, substitutions, chord scale relationships and other devices you will be using some of this material on your next gig as well as having new approach's to study. Play-alongs included. 575.3MB

Also included are these Shorter Lessons:

1) I Major Chord:

Pt I - pentatonic approach
    Pt II - diatonic approach
    Pt III - advanced approach

2) II Min 7 Chord:

Pt I - pentatonic approach
    Pt II - stacking triads
    Pt III - advanced approach

3) Unorthodox Triad Voicings

4) Unorthodox Diatonic Triad Voicings

5) Exercises / Warm up:

Pt I - 4+4 fingerings
    Pt II - Scale exercise's-phrasing

6) V7 advanced approach

7) V7 Altered Scale: pentatonic approach

II-V7(alt) shortcuts:

Pt I - Pentatonic approach.
    Pt II - Triad approach.

9) II-V(alt)-I-V of II progression:

Pt I - Pentatonic approach.
    Pt II - Triad approach.

10) Diatonic Chord-Scale Voicings: Major

11) Diatonic Chord-Scale Voicing: Melodic Minor

12) Multi-Tasking Voicings:

Pt I - Close voicings.
    Pt II - Voicings in 4ths.

13) Pedal Tones:

Pt I - Improvising over a pedal tone in the bass.
    Pt II - Using a pedal tone as the top voice.

14) Using harmonics, fretted notes and open strings

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Scatabrain likes this.
  3. AllenL

AllenL Member

Hi Chuck,

Yes, I think it will help. By splitting the long vids into small segments, you can now put a specific name/title to each subject. This makes it very easy to find a topic for study.

4. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Thanks for the feedback Allen, this is my next project as well as making a 9-10 song recording using all of the concepts that are in the lessons. That way I can show people in a musical/ song context how these ideas sound.

Btw, where is everyone?

Chuck

Scatabrain likes this.
  5. zwantedone

zwantedone Member

I'm here, Chuck!

cdaloia likes this.
  6. Scatabrain

Scatabrain Supporting Member

7. pinkfloyd

pinkfloyd Member

Keep up your good work, Chuck!
    I bought BWB back in 2012. Can I get access to the latest updates and scanned files/documents? Learn all the licks and concept by ears is great but I might miss something so tabs and documents would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Min

updated: Chuck sent me the files. Great service!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    Scatabrain likes this.
  8. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

No problem Min. Thanks for the encouragement, please spread the word about this material. Word of mouth is still best even if it's in an email. People still aren't aware of how much stuff is in this package. 10 + hrs of lessons! Along with excellent play along tracks in the lessons about the modes/chord scales. They can be used for many other things than that lesson. For ex: use the Dorian play-along for the II min 7 "short lessons".....etc, etc...

You should already have had my handwritten scanned charts. They're a separate folder in the "short lessons" as well as in some of the other lessons for example BWB pt I, BWB pt V and others. I just sent you the Finale charts which are easier to read than my chicken scratch ; ) thanks to Mel Reeves. Mel's charts (tab and standard notation) are in yet another folder in the "short lessons" folder. I also sent an extra lesson on using the alt and dim scales to get to the IV chord in the blues ( or any V-I progression ) There's enough material in this package to keep players engaged for a long time as you know..

Thanks again for the support,

Chuck

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  9. pinkfloyd

pinkfloyd Member

Thanks! I've always recommended BWB to my friends. I paid like $200 for all Robben Ford's lesson packages, DVDs and I found that your instructional is more helpful. You truly reveal all the secrets of your craft in BWB.

cdaloia and Scooter like this.
  10. pinkfloyd

pinkfloyd Member

or an index file with section titles and timescale

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  11. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Just a heads up. I am changing the format of my lessons. The longer lessons will be edited into shorter sections. I'm thinking these will be easier to negotiate. The more I work on this project it's turning out to be Version 2.0. of the material. A shorter but more to the point version of the original 10 hrs of material.

Chuck

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  12. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

I'm putting in long hours getting the material ready for Version 2.0.
    I will also be offering individual lessons for sale.
    I'll keep anyone who's interested posted here.

Chuck

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    rizla and Scatabrain like this.
  13. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Anyone who has already purchased the material will be offered the Version II update for $10 when I finally get this done. It will be a while. A lot of time is going into this to make it the best it can be. The original 10 hrs of source material is still available for $50.

Chuck

Scatabrain likes this.
  14. pinkfloyd

pinkfloyd Member

Does the version 2 include more materials and lessons? I'd love to learn further about comping/rhythm.

Thanks!

15. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Version 2.0. is an improved version of the original material. Stripped down. More organized and easier to negotiate. There's plenty of material about chord Voicings and one new lesson.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  16. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

I'm getting close to finishing. All of the lessons will be all like my original "short lessons" Everything is broken down into sections and is more organized. This is the best I can do with the original 10+ hrs of source material. It will easier for a student working on one topic to get right to it. I WILL be offering lessons individually like the Chord Voicings lesson (a must have IMO) Playing over One Chord Grooves, Modal/Chord Scale material and all of the Short Lessons together in a bundle. The Blues material in it's different levels will be the same kind of thing. I've done all of this work on my own. It's home made and filled with musical information. The best kind. Peppered with common sense and healthy fundamental thoughts about music. I love gear as much as anyone, it's a blast but it has never once made me a better player and all of mine is gone. I've spent my life playing, composing for hire and teaching. My goal was always to be a funky player and an educated musician. Because of of this backround I've been able to break down complex ideas down into guitar friendly concepts. If you know a min pent scale and how to spell a triad I'll open the door for you to more sophisticated lines without having to learn new scales and professor talk by simply using what you know in a different application. The other stuff is in there too but my point is that you can have access to new sounds with a triad and a min pent scale (or two if you want it all) All without changing your fingerings.

For anyone who has already purchased my stuff you can have the upgrade to Version 2.0. for $10 and send you an hr + of mp3's as a thank you for the support. The single lesson packages will be between $10 and $25. I'm keepin the complete package at $50 despite the fight to keep a roof over my head. This is my continued attempt to integrate with the music world as it currently is. I'll let everyone know what's up and when Version 2.0. and the individual lessons are ready.

Talk to you soon!
    Back to the computer...

Chuck

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    Scatabrain likes this.
  17. pinkfloyd

pinkfloyd Member

Signed up for V2. $10 for easier navigation through the lessons is a steal! I'm looking forward to it!

Scatabrain likes this.
  18. pinkfloyd

pinkfloyd Member

Great work, Chuck! I'll send the payment for v2 shortly.

19. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Thanks PF! I've put a lot of hours into this. You'll dig it.

Chuck

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  20. Scatabrain

Scatabrain Supporting Member

The layout of the files and folders in 2.0 is awesome! Thanks so much. Lots of work to do!

cdaloia likes this.